Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 05, 2010

East Side Chamber Of Commerce Delivers Again











The East Side Chamber of Commerce delivered yet another fantastic 4th of July extravaganza. Salisbury News showed up once again this year with the Urban Assault Vehicle and kicked back to enjoy a fantastic day of fellowship with friends.

You know Folks, it's one thing to come home at the end of the day and tell your Wife how nice a reception I received when I went here or there. It's another when she's there with you and you're walking around and people come up to you and thank you for what you do and so forth. That being said, I thank you for the warm reception, it means a lot to us.

Several politicians showed up, we already spoke of Julie and Mike. See what I mean about the crowd though. Big difference, eh! More importantly, the Chamber pulled together a fabulous group of vendors. The pop corn was out of this world. Shame on you for selling that to adults trying to lose weight! The lemon aide for a buck a glass, how can you beat that! Station 7, I hate you people! (LOL) Folks, I showed up with Nathan's Hot Dogs, (the really good ones) and prepared the grill to fire them up and my Wife said, what are you doing. I said, cooking the Nathan's. She said, oh no your not! She grabbed my hand and started walking me over to Station 7 and she got a pulled pork samich, fries and my goodness it was to die for!

Look, we lived in Ocean City for many years and everyone know the Thrashers Fries are the absolute best fries around, right? WRONG! Station 7 has the best French Fries I have ever eaten. If you love fries, go there and try their hand cut french fries and you try to come back here and tell me I'm wrong, you can't!

I want to share this as well. ALL Net Profits from this event from Station 7 went directly into the Fireworks Fund. Todd and Carol truly know how to GIVE BACK to their community and this is exactly why Dave White and the Pittsville Diner are flopping on their face.

Anyhow, it was a great time. The music was a little loud, (not too bad though). I did kind of feel like I was at a Jesus Revival/Retreat. Perhaps they could split that portion up a little bit next year. The Chamber did a fantastic job and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as we did.

10 comments:

Bob said...

Joe,

Thanks for the positive review. It was another successful event. We are so happy to be able to share this with the community.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support.

I would like to personally thank the Chamber members who donated the money for the fireworks display during these incredibly difficult economic times.

Thanks to the WCBOE for allowing us to use the school property yet again.

A HUGE thanks to the Willards Volunteer Fire Co., The Pittsville Volunteer Fire Co., and the Powellville Volunteer Fire Co., as well as the Wicomico County Fire Police. Folks, if you have the means to donate to these fire companies, please do so. They do much more for the community than we know - and they do it for free. A more dedicated group of men and women you will not find anywhere.

Thanks to the Tabernacle for the live music.

Thanks to the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office for providing a Deputy for Security.

We would also like to thank those who made donations to the jars we placed at local businesses as well as those who made donations the day of the event.

We would be remiss if we didn't send out the largest "Thank You" to those men and women who served or are still serving in the united States Armed Forces. Without them the liberty and freedom for which our founding fathers fought 234 years ago wouldn't exist.

If I missed anyone I apologize. Thank you as well.

Bob Harris, President
Wicomico Eastside Chamber of Commerce

Anonymous said...

Incredible fireworks pictures Joe.

Anonymous said...

I noticed all of Julie's mistakes the past few days and wondered, is she really that stupid. Drinking could be a part of it but if this woman thinks she can represent Wicomico and Somerset County, she's crazy on top of it all.I don't believe her husband is even interested in the County Council.

Anonymous said...

We went for the first time this year and it was great. Thanks for letting us know it was going on.

Bob said...

Joe I did want to send one more thank you out to Mike Ash of Bayside Fireworks. Mike lives in Pittsville and was in charge of running several shows simultaneously. He set our show up and timed it perfectly with the Star Spangled Banner via cell phone.

Mike I know you come here. Every year you say your going to retire only to come back out of retirement to make sure our show runs well. Thank you so much. If you truly retire, come and sit with us next year and see what you've done all these years from where we sit.

You are the MAN!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bob.
Ashley Smith and her crew actually set the show up. I just showed up to help time it. She deserves the kudos.
We truly are honored to work with you. The Chamber does a magnificent job every year orchestrating this family event.
Again, if anyone is able, please donate to the fire departments as well as the Eastside Chamber of Commerce to keep this event alive!!
Mike Ash

Jack K Richards said...

1:15 Mike's dad, Charlie Ash, was responsible for some local fireworks for years. Used to do OC's. jackkcharl@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Mike, your company rocks!

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Joe I saw you and was waiting in line for fries for the kids. I looked up and you were gone! lol Wish I could of shook your hand in person and thanked you (and your wife since I know she has a lot to put up with and not from you!) on what an awesome job you do. I will make sure I get out of line next time! :)

Adam Roop said...

GOD BLESS THE USA!