Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Need A Favor From All Of You

Today I am taking a personal day away from just about everything, especially this Blog. My Mother has taken ill and has been admitted to a Hospital on the Western Shore. I won't get into the details but so far things don't look very good. This is a very special woman who has seen some very difficult times, yet has always been a strong and stable woman who has never let anything stop her from reaching her goals and I'm confident she'll see her way through this difficult time as well.

That being said, I will not be around the Blog at all today. I'm actually asking two things of you. If you choose to make comments today, please understand that they will not be attended to until perhaps Monday morning. The second favor I'm asking is, take a day off from commenting so when I return I'm not overwhelmed. I could use the break and quite frankly my mind is elsewhere right now, where it belongs during these times.

Thanks for understanding and I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. My Mother's name is Mary and your prayers would be greatly appreciated. There will be Posts pre-scheduled to go up until 9:00 AM this morning, every 5 minutes, as usual. Thanks for understanding and working with me.

23 comments:

michele said...

Hey Joe
I know u said take a break from comments but however leaving u a short comment to let u know that u and ur family i am praying for very deeply...i just could not pass the comment up..i am very deeply sorry and hope things will work out well for u and everyone and ur mom...

Anonymous said...

Joe, I hope your Mom does okay!

Anonymous said...

Joe, my prayers and thoughts go out to your mother, her family and you during these trying times.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Mary going up.....

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK JOE.

Reconciled1 said...

Joe,
We will be praying for you and your family. God Speed

Anonymous said...

Give momma Mary a hug from all of us. She has to be a wonderful person.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you've seen how prayers have helped Brooke and Ms. Doris. Your family will be in my prayers. Take as much time as you need. Be careful on the road. It's a busy day with everyone going home after such a beautiful weekend.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for both you and your Mom Joe.

Anonymous said...

Joe, take care of your Mom and know our prayers and thoughts are with you.

John Robinson said...

I hope she isn't at any hospital you have trashed, which means she'd have to go to the western shore to get healthcare.

Too bad she didn't take ill when you were sitting in her womb.

Anonymous said...

Family First Joe, you guys are in our prayers.

Wayne

Phil said...

God Bless, Joe. My prayers will be with you and your mother.

Anonymous said...

Joe
Hope your mom is doing ok. Sorry I didn't read this til I made a comment on a few of the posts above it.

Anonymous said...

Your in my families thoughts and prayers. Be safe traveling back and forth. I did it for many years to take care of my parents in another state. Lean on your family, friends, fans, and most of all God.

Jack K Richards said...

Joe, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother. Hope all ends well. Forget about the blog for a bit and take care of her

dogg said...

My thoughts are with you Joe.

I called my mom this morning and told her that I loved her. Yes, I tell her all the time but she was a little surprized this morning. I think everyone should offer a little prayer for all moms out there. They do go through a lot. I know mine still does.

dogg

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Our prayers and thoughts are with you, your mother and family during this very difficult time. I know you have a lot of people who dislike you and will be posted hateful things; however, you focus on your mom and don't let those LOSERS get to you. Obviously you have rattled their cage on more than one occasion. Your mom taught you to be the man that you are. Respect that and be there with her. God Bless you all.

Joel Brandes said...

John Robinson has proved himself a total idiot and not worthy of making any comment. I pray God will reward Joe by making his mother well for being the better man.

Anonymous said...

You will get yours JR. Did you ever think, ZZ top could be a cop?????

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your Mom, Mary. The blog can wait - your Mom shouldn't have to. My best for a speedy recovery Mary.

Anonymous said...

Typical hate from John Robinson who claims to be such a great benefactor to the youth of our community! Take your meds, John. I would have thought a person as wealthy as yourself wouldn't stoop to those depths.

Anonymous said...

hey joe! i hope your mom gets to feeling better.my prayers go to you and you family! thanks again for all you do!


eric the barber