Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Protest Tool

This idea and phone number was just sent to me by Citizen Ron.

1-800-211-0907

The above 800 number is being paid for by AARP. When you call it a robot voice will ask you to enter your zip code and then select the congressman you want to speak with. It then automatically dials the number for you. A person will be there waiting to get your opinion for the Congressman about how you feel about Obamacare.

Now AARP set this up to give Congressmen a "yes" opinion about Obamacare but it can not stop you from giving a "NO" opinion.

And that is the beauty of the plan. Thank you Ron....AARP has given us the ability, at no cost to ourselves, to reach a Congressman and give an opinion about OBAMACARE.....

Naturally when I tried it ( works) I told the pollster that I was against Obamacare because it would eliminate Health Care benefits for Senior Citizens. My opinion was duly recorded for the Congressman.

What an elegant and fun way to stick it to the traitor AARP and vote against
ObamaCare at the same time..............

Tony Passaro
Bel Air Tea Party Coalition.

7 comments:

Orsonwells said...

I did this yesterday, and the woman answering Kratovil's phone was surprised when she found I was against the Bill! I went on to ask questions about when we would be able to read the rewritten version and stated pages I had read thar I opposed the content, as if I wanted her to write them down and pass them to Frank!

Anonymous said...

Cash for clunkers program suspended after only one week because it ran out of money. Is this what will happen when the governmnet takes over healthcare. "Sorry we are out of money no care for you"

Anonymous said...

AARP is right in supporting healthcare reform. This isn't an issue that can be dumbed down the way the Republicans are trying to do. The current system is unsustainable.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, stick it to the AARP. The advocacy group for the elderly that has made huge strides for that group in the last 40 years. will Republican tea baggers every get their heads out of their a$$es and stop voting against their own interests?

Anonymous said...

A "fun way to stick it to the **traitor** AARP"?

That makes it sound like the AARP has recently moved to the left.

Not so. The AARP has been lobbying for a left-leaning agenda since their inception.

I find it funny that FoxNews and others have just figured this out. Breaking News: AARP has been way left of center long before you ever heard of Obamacare.

I get their junk-mailings to join AARP almost every week. The nice thing is they send a Business Reply envelope -- that allows me to tell them what I think, and they pay the postage ;)

Anonymous said...

Joe, I really think you should ban the "tea bagger" terms from these posts, they don't offer anything intelligent and maybe we can keep them from letting their legs from getting all tingly when they think they got one over on us. We're outraged Americans and we want Congress to stop spending and stop expanding the Gov't-that's it. It's called a Tea party and those who attend are not "tea bagging" in the sexual or non-sexual sense. I'm tired of hearing it and I didn't even attend the second one, but I still support the people who did.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with you using whatever means to express your opinion.

But saying "stick it to the traitor AARP" makes me. AARP has brought about so many good things for seniors, I haven't time to make a list.

The extremist talk on this blog turns this Independent off.