Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 03, 2009

Burglar Thwarted By 72-Year-Old Former Boxer


In a lopsided fight that even Don King would have had trouble promoting, a burglar in Oxford, England, got more than he bargained for when he broke into the home of Frank Corti, a 72-year-old former junior boxing champion.


Upon spotting the intruder, Gregory McCalium, in his hallway, Corti dodged a knife attack and delivered two mean right hooks that left McCalium battered and down for the count. Police arrived to find Corti subduing McCalium, who looked like he had been in "a car accident," according to one lawyer.


"I was scared when he first drew the knife but most people would have acted in the same way," Corti said. "If needed to, I would do it again."


McCalium was found guilty of aggravated burglary, but he's apparently already planning his next robbery: the home of a Russian man named Drago.

9 comments:

Orsonwells said...

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here! Good day!

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like the fight was just getting started.

Topper said...

if it had happened here the home owner would be under arrest

joealbero said...

Topper, I beg to differ. That guy, (or anyone else for that matter) would not WALK out of my home. He's go out in a Body Bag! That is, if I got to him before my labs did.

Anonymous said...

Your best defense in a crazy moment with Bad People is a "Box-Cutter", aim for the neck. Ladies keep one in your purse. I dont think it breaks any laws, unless your getting on an airplane. When you walk to your car have one on the ready. Its like a cop that hopes he retires and never(is forced into a situation where he or she has to use their weapon), better SAFE then SORRY. Sick fkn world were living in huh.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't shoot him until I punished him for a good while, my golly look! He has a knife in his dead hand ; )

I SEE U said...

Wow He Looks Good!!

And Got Lucky!!!
If It Was My House He Would Be In Need Of A Head From AZZ Removal Service!!!

Anonymous said...

You sure he wasn't reaching for one of the Fatman's donuts?

Anonymous said...

With a quick glance over the blog I wondered why Joe had a picture of Mick Jagger than I stopped scrolling and looked.