Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Frances Tilghman, Mother Of Matt Tilghman Passed Away Today

Frances Tilghman, Mother of Matt Tilghman, sadly passed away today. Let me tell you Folks, every single word and story I have heard over the years about this woman has been absolutely top shelf.

Frances was President of the Humane Society for 6 wonderful years and a member of the Salisbury Kennel Club forever. I can recall Matt Tilghman at the Salisbury Kennel Club Grand Opening speaking about his Mother and how much she loved what the Kennel Club had to offer.

One individual said something to me today about Frances I had never heard before and I'll enjoy sharing it with all of you. "Frances was a very classy woman, no bigger than a minute." I had heard she struggled with Alzheimer's for years. May she rest in peace and we're sorry for your loss Matt.

8 comments:

Fed Up Rebel said...

Well said, Joe.

There is no best friend like one's Mother. You're in our prayers, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Tilghman was a great asset to the Humane Society and a friend to animals. A longtime supporter of the Wicomico County Library and a gem in the community. Sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Matt's a good man. How the heck he ever got tied up with the likes of Barrie, I'll never understand.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for their loss.

Politics exit when family loss is involved.

Very nice tribute to the lady, Joe. May she rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for their loss.

Ken Smith said...

She was one of the nicest ladies...she will be sadly missed.

Anonymous said...

Mat IS a good guy. It's a shame he's being thrown out with the bath water...so to speak.
And Barrie wasn't always the toxic case she is now.

Chriso12385 said...

Its hard to lose loved ones around a holiday. Sorry to hear of your loss Matt.