Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blogger Fights City Hall And Wins

I have been home for about two hours and I'm sitting here in front of my computer thinking, what do I say?

I know I'd like to thank my Attorney Bruce Bright for coming into Court today completely educated on this entire case, as if he was Joe Albero. You don't find many professionals out there who truly put their all into cases like this but Bruce knew what was at stake and he really did his homework.

I'd like to add that I had fully charged my cell phone last night and by the time I got out of Court and finally got to my phone there were only two bars left on it. I had received so many text messages and other messages that they had actually wore my battery down that much. I then had 186 e-mail messages since I left this morning and rather than my trying to respond to each of you, THANK YOU! Your support has been overwhelming.

Today's victory was not a win for Joe Albero. It was a win for every citizen who has been harassed, fired, bullied and humiliated. It was for ALL of the Bloggers who have been threatened by frivolous lawsuits and scare tactics in an attempt to take away our Freedom of Speech.

I wish Barrie Tilghman all the very best wishes in her retirement. I look forward to the new leadership within Jim Ireton and the news from last night involving Urban Salisbury and those who attended/packed that meeting was very refreshing.

We've all been vindicated and it's time to move forward. More later, I have to go to a Press Conference.

9 comments:

co3153 said...

A victory for free speech and open goverment.

Anonymous said...

Your case set an imprtant precedant Joe. Cogratulations!
See you on National News;)??

honestaby

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe. You are the Heavy Weight Fighter of Blogging.
Now we should all focus on the positive steps Salisbury is taking and will continue to take.
Good Luck Barrie Tilghman. Maybe now you can get off the meds you have been on.

Tidewaterbound said...

Congratulations Joe!

You knew you were going to win, but this makes it official.

Celebrate and then you can relax a little bit, you've earned it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Joe! You took one for the First Amendment, and we all appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Baby Face, you beat the rap!!! Now to the Fat Man and the Fat Rat ( JT & JR ) I have just one thing to say; Here's to you Jonny Boy, here's to you , Here's to you Johnny Boy here's to you ,though you think you're upper class you are just a horse's ass, Here's to you Jonny/Johnny , here's to you!!!

nancy said...

Congratulations Joe!! Thank you again for all that you do and I hope that sends a message to the Barrieland crew. Leave us alone and go away! I do hope that she does buy a bra that fits properly! ROFLMAO!

I read your file said...

12:19 I now know JR, John Robinson well. You have the wrong impression of him. I took the time to go by and read his 'Joe file' and look at the pictures of Joe and statements from Joes exwife and exgirlfriends. I now know why John was so scared of Joe.
John also gave me a complete listing of his 38 emails to Joe and a copy of all his texts and phone calls. Joe has called John 3 times more. Most was done during his radio show. Did you know last week JOE put up a false post about John and removed it. Never stating an apology.
I am now 100 convinced when John's Attorney files his lawsuit against Joe he will win.
I used to read this blog as some great thing. My entire opinion has changed.
Yesterday John's attorney got a copy of the transcripts from the court. Where Joe says JR is John Robinson. Joe just makes up stuff about John and make comments that JR has just commented on his site. Joe is so paranoid that he publishes post and comments he makes referencing JR. Until Yesterday John had no case against Joe because he could never prove JR was John Robinson. Now Joe has admitted to it in court. And also said he has no isea who it is it just a guess. Joe may have won against Tilghman but John will win.
By the way, John is seeking 2.3 million in damages. His Daughter and son 2.5 million. His wife 1 million. He also stated he will give the money he wins to the County for a skateboard park.
I saw all the paperwork and it is being filed in the federal courts. It will take 5 years John said and will cost Joe over 200,000 to John and to Joe to defend.
Most people don't know this but his mother is a very wealthy lady. She married a Chicago business man worth over 60 million. I googled the guy to find out if it was true. So, Joe, post this or not but you are going to have a lot of leagl fees. It is my understanding he is waiting until his wife retires in another year to file this. He has 3 years to file everytime Joe puts up another comment.
One other thing, he has all the sttorneys he want for free. His step fatehr has 5 or so in his firm alone.

Anonymous said...

Wishful thinking