Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 16, 2009

Hey Mayor Tilghman, SHUT UP, WILL YA!

Citizens, Bloggers, Others That Feel Our Pain are reaching out to Salisbury News from all across America, they have a Barrie Tilghman Too! While I appreciate all the traffic, e-mail phone calls and support, PLEASE e-mail me rather than calling me, respectfully. I truly rely on my cell phone to get hot tips and I have had to leave my cell plugged in almost the entire day because of so many calls. I'd be happy to take your calls in a day or two after things calm down and truly, I thank you for so much support. This is just unbelievable!

I have a few samples of just some of the people who have been sending me messages and forgive me if your e-mail isn't Posted. I've had probably 100,000 e-mail messages already today and I am NOT going back through them to see which is which. Even my e-mail server people are complaining. Anyhow, thank you for the support, the calls and visiting. It has been a very interesting, yet draining day. Sorry if it took so long to get your comments up. Hopefully now you can understand.

Oh, Barrie, PLEASE do NOT say anything more about Bloggers!

Hi,

My name is Chad and I just happened to come across an article about Mayor Tilghman denouncing the evil bloggers in salisbury. I thought this was hilarious and I'm glad to know that there are some folks there commenting on the state of affairs. I grew up in Salisbury but am now living in Raleigh, NC. I was especially interested because I'm part of blogging team here that runs http://www.newraleigh.com/

I just wanted to write to say that I am glad to see some independent writing going on in salisbury... I'm sure a lot of people appreciate your analysis and commentary. It was nice to see your photos of downtown as well in the "Empty Hopes" article. It looks the same as when I grew up there. That was my grandfather's law office in the photo fourth from the bottom. My dad and I used to talk about the difficulties with reviving the downtown area... I hope the potential of downtown can be realized some day. Congrats on the national attention.

I wanted to first say THANK YOU. I now feel like we in Quincy, Il aren't alone . We first started with our blogs Quincypundit and Quincy City Desk then I realized that I could do this for real and founded http://www.quincynews.org/ http://www.quincynews.org/blogs/jenkins-royko-grantland/monday-night-city-council-post-game.html Our Mayor made threats to my journalist. Keep up the good work

Oh here is PURE corrupt! http://www.quincynews.org/local-news/fbi-sends-city-server-hacker-evidence-to-quantico.html The City's I.T. Director is a convicted Computer Crimes Thief . Guess what he still has his $81,000 a year job . No audits , just swept under the rug

Nothing is more likely to get 'em to lose it a bit, than pointing out a few blemishes in the way a local government is being run.We've got a website focused on fixing a speeding problem on our street . . . the South Franklin Street Project up here in New Jersey.Taking on the City with a blog allows you to supplement or even go right around the local newspapers. These days they can be a bit too focused on their dwindling subscription revenues, and therefore afraid of risking sources like "legal advertisements" by being critical of local government.

This story just made Drudge:
http://mddailyrecord.com/article.cfm?id=153345&type=Daily

Other private citizen bloggers around the nation have been inappropriately harassed by government officals as well. They include:
http://freewhitewater.com/
http://sheboyganshenanigans.com/
http://mpdenforcer20.blogspot.com/
http://www.uptownupdate.com/
http://what-the-helen.blogspot.com/
You guys need to stick together.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Joe!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Get em Joe!

Anonymous said...

Keep on Bloggin in the free world.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we aren't the only city that has corrupt pencil necks and nimrods running government, however it don't mean we have to stand for it!

I'M MAD AS HE** and I ain't going to take it NO MO! Damnit

Kudos to bloggers everywhere

Anonymous said...

Goooo, Joooeee!

Anonymous said...

The best scene from "My Blue Heaven" is when the mafia rat goes into a pet store in Yuppieville, or I should say Police Protection City, and finds the store owner is a former rat himself, who hooks him up with other rats in the very next scene. When they realize this, the old guys says "You are not alone!!" This is one of those moments...sorry if you didn't see the movie (it was worth the rental but not the price of admission, Steve Martin and DArk Helmet guy).

Anonymous said...

Dark Vader from SpaceBalls was Rick Moranis. He's been in some funny movies, Ghostbusters, The musical with the huge Venus Fly Trap that eats people, The Little Shop of Horrors. You have to like Mel Brooks type satire to enjoy his movies. Mel Brooks directed SpaceBalls with Maranis and John Candy.