Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Update On Brooke Mulford


Joe,

Here is an update on Brooke Mulford. Things are definitely turning around as you can read. Everyone’s prayers seem to be working! I just thought you and your readers would appreciate an update and some GOOD news for once. Thanks again for all you have done to support Team Brooke. We are just 8 days from the big event at Seacrets. Hope to see you and all of your supporters there. If anyone needs more information please visit http://www.BrookeMulford.com..

Kindest regards,

Eric Morris
Team Brooke

How is everybody doing? I am a little nauseous at this point, but I have had a great few days up to this point. I will bring you up to speed, because Daddy blew it again. He thought he at least posted the scan results, but did not. I am taking matters into my own hands and will fill you all in, OK? OK! Mommy got a phone call late Sunday from Dr. Weiser and informed her from the CT Scan that the tumor had definitely shrunk and the MIBG Scan showed that the cancer in my bones was not as bright as the first time. The first two rounds of Chemo were working and doing what they are supposed to do. YEA BROOKE! On Monday I was going to get the bone marrow biopsy, but a slight oops happened. I ate breakfast and was not supposed to eat after 12 Midnight on Sunday night. I could not have this procedure done again until Thursday AM. This also pushed back my Chemo. This is not a major problem and it actually did our family good. Mommy and me stayed at Grammy’s and did not return home, so we could take a break and relax and a couple extra days of me feeling good. I always feel good before the next round of Chemo, so I got a couple extra days. I also had some photos taken of me by a photographer for a special event I will be participating in. Stay tuned for all the details, but I will say the photos are truly amazing! Daddy was not around for a few days, he was home working so he missed a lot of fun.

Thursday morning came and I was not even awake, but I whispered to Mommy with my eyes closed, “Do not feed me.” Mommy, Grammy and I got in the car and headed to CHOP. I was really missing Bailey and I wanted to see my Daddy before my procedure. Daddy was being driven up to CHOP by Nana, they left Salisbury at 6AM. I was in the day hospital at CHOP and just about ready to go when Daddy and Nana barely made it. I had the biggest smile and just that fast I was whisked off to be put under sedation to have the procedure. This procedure is no fun. On one side of my back they draw fluid from my spine and on the other side they scrape a bone chip. I am very sore and I have two matching band aides right above my heiney. That is so silly. I was taken back into my room and woke up around 20 minutes later. I was very not with it, but I sputtered out my DS game! The nurse said, “that was the first time and quickest anyone ever said they wanted a game.” It was my new DS game, My Little Pony from Grandpa Greg and Grandma Millie. I have not put that down for 3 days! Now we had to wait to be admitted when a room became available. They were able to begin the 3rd round of Chemo though. We hopefully will find out the results of the tests sometime tomorrow.For a couple hours I had a lot of fun with my family. Around 3PM we got the word to go to our room. It was on the same floor, but on the other side of the hallway. We set up the room, we got this procedure down now. We then all watched the video that Miss Tina and Mr Steve gave us of Beat it with Brooke Walk! Daddy had been saving this so we could all watch it together. It was amazing all those people and all those doggies too! After this Nana and Grammy had to go, and the Chemo was starting to affect me, I did not feel too good. Mommy then went to get something to eat and Daddy and I watched Curious George. I have not been able to do this for a few days, Daddy and me always watch it in the morning. We colored and drew pictures and I got sick again. Mommy came back and Daddy had to get ready to go so soon. He had to still check into the McDonald House and you have to do that by 8PM. We all said our goodbyes and I was fussy and cranky after that. Poor Mommy! Well that is kind of it in a nutshell, I really had a good 7 days you could say up till today and even today I was in good spirits up until around 5PM. Even though things did not go as planned this week, I think it was a good week for everyone to recharge their batteries and get ready for this next round. I am now going to turn it over to Daddy and say goodbye! I just want to end by saying I think of you all out there in so many ways thru the course of the day and you all mean so much to me. All the things that have happened in the last 2 months and all that everyone has prayed, volunteered, letters, cards, donations, gifts, comments, done for Mommy and Daddy and kept me in their thoughts has just been my salvation thru this journey so far, Love Brookie!

Hi everybody, sorry for the mess up this week. I did think I posted those results we received late on Sunday but I did not. Sorry to keep everyone in suspense. When we are home now it is hard to find enough time to get everything done. After coming home from being at work I am drained and need to go to sleep. The last couple of days I have been going from 6AM till 1AM. I am beat, so I will finish this tomorrow. The main thing is Brooke got you all updated. Look forward to getting caught up on the websites, email and that Facebook thing! Thanks for keeping us in your prayers and they are definitely working and we continue for more good news! Rob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you Brooke, my heart and prayers are for you and thanks for writting. Take care Darling : )

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you and your family.

My 10 yr old niece just got diagnosed with the same thing a few weeks ago. She is going back and forth to John Hopkins for Chemo. She just returned home late last night after a week in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

God Bless You Little One!

Anonymous said...

Prayers going out to Miss Brooke.
Hang in there!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

May GOD Bless you Brooke. You are certainly in my heart. Thank you for writing and letting us know how your doing. You hang in there sweetie because we are also.