Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I Have No More Time For Blogging


Ladies & Gentlemen:

Over the last 4 days I have been out doing what I feel is a wonderful thing for our community with some unbelievable people. I have been ringing the Bell at Sam's Club and WalMart and I can't tell you enough just how rewarding it is.

That being said, the Salvation Army is extremely short handed this Holiday Season and has asked me to help them in any way I can. So, that being said, I have committed myself to the Salvation Army until the Holidays are over and or we can achieve enough Volunteers to fill in the gaps for me.

Later today I will be Posting a schedule in which we'll need filled. I will be working the Sam's Club location for the next 8 days from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, excluding Sunday. Now of course I'd like a break during that time and if anyone can fill in parts on those days and or the entire shift, that would be wonderful. If not, I'll cover it but I won't be Blogging.

The Salvation Army does incredible things for this community and if we can't get the Firefighters, Police Officers, Elected Officials, States Attorney's Office, Public Works, City and County Employees to help out in their spare time, that's cool, we'll make it work one way or the other.

There are evening shifts available as well as day shifts but we need your help. As for this Blog, well, I do this for all of you. I do not advertise and I do not make a penny at this. I am making the decision to give of my time elsewhere until people step up to the plate and free me up so I can get back to what I do best, pester the crap out of some and bring issues to every one's attention you might not hear elsewhere.

If you'd like to contact me directly you may do so by calling me at 410-430-5349 or alberobutzo@wmconnect.com . Again, I'll be back later with a schedule and thank you for considering helping a great cause. In the mean time, see ya at Sam's.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

From EW: Joe, This is so very
thoughtful of you helping in this
way!! For what you are giving you
will receive 10 fold the joy it
will bring . Wish more people
would help out. Thanks for making
the world a better place.

Anonymous said...

I was a bell ringer for the first time at K Mart the day before Thanksgiving. I have to say that except for being a little cold, it was a wonderful experience! What a blessing to see how many people dropped money in the kettle!

I rang the bell with my teenage son that day, and am going to do so with my daughter this evening. I think it's a great lesson on giving for children as well as adults.

It only takes two hours of your time, you'll feel great afterward, and you'll be helping a good cause. So volunteer today!

Anonymous said...

I volunteered when Bob Caldwell put the call out for help. Believe me, this was a most humbling experience. I am glad I made that call and offered some time.

Anonymous said...

Look...he brought his protection LOL

Anonymous said...

Call 410-749-7771 x 100 to sign up!!

Anonymous said...

Later today I will be Posting a schedule in which we'll need filled.

No. 1) Your grammer makes this impossible to comprehend.
No. 2) "we'll" connotes that you are now an employee or otherwise an official of the Salvation Army. Is that true or are you just riding coattails again? Like the boxer? HHHMMM?

Anonymous said...

Thank God! Go do something you are good at!

Anonymous said...

Not at "Home" anymore, but I called my local Salvation Army and I'm Ringing every other day til Christmas.....Thanks for the inspiration.

Far From "Home"

Anonymous said...

I dont see no bell ? Did you guys just go and stand next to one of the unmanned cans for a "photo shoot" . Ha ha haha ha haa. But really , thank you for the time donated.Do you think you might do some for me ? I just know I would feel as great as Julie if you would. Merry X-mas

Anonymous said...

HEY JOE,,,WHERE IS WEBSTER? LOL

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:57 having trouble paying attention to detail? Look in Mike Lewis's left hand, looks like a bell to me.

Anonymous said...

1:40 p.m., "we'll" is an expression of camaraderie. The grammar, well, we all know Joe "ain't no" expert, but also that his fingers fly fast to get these posts out.

You must be a very small person inside and out and in other respects.

Anonymous said...

City and county employees do volunteer in their spare time to ring the bell. I for one have done so every year and plan to continue. Not too sure why you assume city employees, states attorney employees, county employees, etc do not do this.

Anonymous said...

Way to go you guys !!!! A leader by example I love it. To all the negative mental midgets I hope you have a wonderful day you must be one happy turd inside. Now go home and stick your heads up you arse and jump up and down untill you disapear, Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is a great example of a real leader. Mike Lewis rings the bell with Joe Albero for all to see. You wont see Chief See and Webster doing this. They are told by the Mayor to stay away and not to speak. Puppets of the Mayor and disliked by many. I applaud Mike Lewis for being a real man and showing a good example by ringing with Joe. This is one time where the two stooges could polish their image and choose not to. If they would drop their guard for a few minutes, they would probably learn to get along. Its a step in the right direction at least. Thank you Joe and Mike for making a difference in our community.