Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Student Fundraiser & Sponsorship Drive

May 8, 2008

Salisbury News Blog

Dear Mr. Albero,

My name is Katherine (Katie) Reyes and I am a freshman at Washington High School in Princess Anne, Maryland. I have been selected to participate in the Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference held in Washington, DC in conjunction with the 2009 Presidential Inauguration.

http://www.cylc.org/pyic - for more information and verification

The Conference offers a unique opportunity to those of us selected from around the country to participate. I am enclosing the Preliminary Schedule of Events and some additional information about the Conference and the experiences it offers to the future leaders of our country.

I have been participating in leadership activities both locally and nationally since I was 10 years old. Ultimately it is my goal to expand my knowledge and experience in order to give back to our communities here on the Eastern Shore and assist with my career goals for the future.

In order to participate in this program I will be attempting to raise sponsorship funds of $2,500 to cover the expenses for the event. Any sponsorship funds in excess of this amount will be donated to Autism Speaks, a charity helping fund research and special needs assistance for those suffering from Autism. I hope to be able to donate at least an additional $2,500 to this charity through this sponsorship effort!

I am hoping that you would consider helping me promote this drive on your blog. I am required to complete my fundraising efforts by June 30, 2008. Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I am attaching some information on both the Conference and the charity, Autism Speaks for your review. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this phenomenal opportunity with me, I would be happy to speak with you. BB&T is helping to handle the collection of funds and I have put that information below.

Thank you again for your consideration. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Katie Reyes

Katherine (Katie) Reyes

Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference Hopeful

Donations can be sent to:

Katherine Reyes
c/o BB&T – North Salisbury
2400 N Salisbury Blvd.
Salisbury, MD 21801-2137

Memo: PYIC-AS Fundraiser

Email Questions To: Reyes0408@Comcast.Net

http://www.cylc.org/pyic
http://www.autismspeaks.org
http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080412/NEWS01/804120323/1002/NEWS17

No comments: