Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone


Today is a double celebration in the Albero Home. Not only did we get to pull out the old Easter Basket and fill it with all kinds of crap that will probably harm our child, it happens to be my Birthday as well.

Yes, I'm another year closer to my Wife's age, (LOL). So we not only get to celebrate Easter, we're doing so with my favorite desert, Death By Chocolate! The diet gets broken today, too bad, too sad!

Oh, by the way. For those of you who've been wondering why the Posts have somewhat slowed down yesterday and yes, even today. Twice a year I receive a Lamp Order from one of the Lamp Manufacturers I manufacture for. That order is in and needs to be filled A.S.A.P.. Normally I'd tell someone to bite me but they're in such desperate need, they're willing to pay a premium to get it done.

That being said, we're busting our tails getting it done and that means working on my Birthday and Easter to do so. I won't say what kind of income it brings in but I will say this order will cover our overhead for at least 6 years. Yeah, it's worth coming out of full retirement twice a year for an order like this one.

So if you're not happy with the lack of Posts I've been putting up today and yesterday, money still talks in the Albero household.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

What's the latest on GA Harrison - not much from him lately?

joe albero said...

As I am not GA Harrison's Keeper, GA was askied to join Salisbury News because he could Post at his convelience.

Considering GA was very busy elsewhere, I had noticed he wasn't doing much with his old Site and sugested he Guest Post here whenever it was convenient for him.

That being said, I think we all appreciate his work and whenever he does Post something here, we all look forward to it and enjoy it when it does happen.

I'm sure he'll be please someone was asking for him and I'm also sure when he comes through with a story worth writing about, (like the Monday night City Council Meeting) he'll be right back with us.

Anonymous said...

I miss G.A. too.......Happy Spring, Happy Easter, and Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

JOE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND EASTER TOO, U DESERVE A BREAK JUST DO NOT GO TO THE BURGER KING BY LOWES AGAIN AND I AGREE IT SUCKS TOO YUK

Tim Chaney said...

Happy Birthday to ya Joe!

Anonymous said...

Horse hockey !!!! You are always bragging about your income - show us your tax return. LOLOL

Anonymous said...

Oh this Monday night city council meeting should be a doozy. Miss fiscal responsibilty, audit and compliance experience, govern in the sunshine should be standing on her head by the end of the night. Not only does she not ask any questions of anyone (its not in her script) she doesnt understand the questions being asked by the only 2 with functioning brain cells. Oh I forgot to add, Miss damn the 1st amendment, this is my meeting.

Keep going Louise soon you'll have so many tags you'll answer to anything. Oops, you already do that for the mayor don't you. Answering TO and answering FOR are completely different, MISS ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember that when YOU are being held accountable.

Anonymous said...

Joe: Happy Birthday and Happy Easter to you , Jen and Gavin! I may be the only one who knows what is in the picture. Sorry, that I am unable to help with your order this time, just getting too old I guess. Oh, yes, I miss GA's writtings too and hope he comes back soon. Don't work too hard and don't eat too much "Death by Chocolate", birthday or not.

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BERFDAY!!!

yes i know it's spelled wrong, but the meaning is the same!!!!
enjoy the cake.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Growing Older & Wiser heh:)...
May you have a healthy and properous year. Happy Easter to the Albero family.
Now stop Blogging & get back to work!
honestaby

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
you look like a monkey
and you smell like one too

you live in a zoo
you act like you're two
you're dumb as a shoe
one big pile of poo

how old are you
you're an old fart it's true
only five foot two
wish you would shoo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joe!

I like the new profile picture! I was working on mine today too!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

"happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
you look like a monkey
and you smell like one too"

Doesn'nt that kooky, crazy Lankford fellow post like this in the Daily Fishwrapper? His poems are stupid, just like this one.

Happy Birthday Joe.

Bryan Fykes
@ work on Easter too!

Anonymous said...

Joe, you didn't reveal how old or how young you are today? Is that a secret?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you old fart. Need help? Work hard but not cheap

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday
Didn't log in yesterday was too busy cooking and entertaining relatives from across the pond. So nice to spend a day with relatives being fat and happy for a short time.
Riverrat

Anonymous said...

we were out of town and i just logged on. hope you had a happy day!