Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sunday Drive

At one time I worked away from home all week, so I always made a special
effort to spend time with my family on the weekends. Every Sunday
morning I would take my 4 year old granddaughter out for a drive in the car for
some bonding time.

One particular Sunday however, I had a bad cold and really didn't feel
like being up at all. Luckily, my wife came to the rescue and said that
she would take our granddaughter out for a drive.

When they returned,my granddaughter anxiously ran upstairs to see me. "Well, did you enjoy your ride with grandma?" I asked. "Oh yes, PaPa" the girl replied, "and
do you know what? We didn't see a single dumb bastard or lousy shit head!" Kinda brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe,Our kids are grown now and every Sunday the wife and I take a 1/3 hr ride covering all the old stomping grounds and then some.We start out about 8am and God only knows where we will wind up.It is so peaceful just cruising the back roads with no traffic.Rock Hall to Cape Charles.This is the true Eastern Shore. HARDHEAD