Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mr. Pollitt Is Accurate

Below you will find a message from Rick Pollitt's Office which is correct. Although I try to be as accurate as possible, even though I spoke with several people referencing "what they heard as well" sometimes it's not what you hear, it's what you don't hear. The interview I mentioned early, (live) came off as if Mr. Pollitt stated "Sheriff Lewis does not believe Rai is involved either."

I made a trip to WICO and listened to the interview again and Mr. Pollitt's Office is correct. When you listen to the interview, it was Mr. Reddish who made that suggestion as a question to Mr. Pollitt and there was a long hesitation. I am wrong and I'll ask that Mr. Pollitt forgive me for that error? No bones about it, they're right and I am wrong.

Mr. Pollitt's Office said:

"…I transcribed the following from the interview:

RMP: “There’s nothing to make me believe that Mr. Sharma’s broken any laws.”

Reddish: “It’s also my understanding that Mike Lewis has said at this point that nothing points toward Rai…at least the preliminary reports.”

RMP: “There’s nothing official at this time . There’s all kinds of rumours and allegations and we’re going to follow up on every one of them.”

Those were the extent of the comments about Mr. Sharma. Please note that Mr. Pollitt did not state “Sheriff Lewis does not believe Rai is involved either.”

Also, “There’s nothing to make me believe that Mr. Sharma’s broken any laws,” is substantially different from “Rick is claiming Rai Sharma had nothing to do with what’s going on in Wicomico County.”

Mr. Pollitt believes a retraction is in order. Please advise.

Thank you."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, You got more class than all the than the entire city of Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

Who cares about what's been said or not said about this guy Sharma. Even if he's innocent, he's still responsible as a department head for the mess. Maybe while he's feeling hurt at home, he can add up how much more $$$$ it's going to cost the County & the taxpayers to properly investigate this mess, which if he was competant wouldn't have occured in the first place.
Robbed Taxpayer

Anonymous said...

You think several of the other dept. heads are submitting their retirement papers??

Anonymous said...

Be careful not to p!ss off Mr. Pollit or you may have to wait in line with the rest of the media for your info.

Anonymous said...

Now would be a good time to apply for a job

joe albero said...

I'm NOT afraid of Mr. Pollitt, not an ounce. Mr. Pollitt knows and respects my work and comes to this Blog several times a day.

I will say the same about Sheriff Lewis. IF something is wrong in their Departments, they EXPECT me to tell it like it is. The only one that barks when I do is Barrie Tilghman and Chief Webster.

That being said, I spoke my peace in an earlier article and I was wrong. I ultimately owned up to my mistake after checking into it and he was right, I respect that. No one forced me into anything.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha Anonymous 5:44 I was thinking the same thing

Anonymous said...

At least Pollitt's office considered you important enough to say that a retraction was in order.

I looked at OTC today, and that idiotic blog tried to connect you, Campbell, Cohen and who knows who else to Jordon Reisman's recall of the mayor.

What made it idiotic was, OTC was naming all the things Reisman said he stood for on what OTC said was Reisman's Facebook pages. If those things are true, the chances of you, Campbell or Cohen putting him to a recall are non-existent. I'd be more likely to believe the mayor put him up to it to try to drag one of you through the mud.

Not to mention those things, if true, are not in the least what the kid is pumping in the media, on StoryChat and the blogs.

This Salisbury is one damn strange -- and dirty politics -- place.

Getting back to my point -- that was my one and only visit to that blog. For all the lies spewed on there, no one's trying to get a retraction because it's such an unknown blog and it probably has a following of seven people, including the blogger. Not worth the time to respond to any of that garbage.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
At least Pollitt's office considered you important enough to say that a retraction was in order.
6:15 PM

Whether you like Joe or his blog, Joe has the opportunity to retract statements made and will do it. This is something the local Daily Rag won't do. When it's published, it's gospel and that is what they want you to think.

The 800lb gorilla knows that many people read this blog and there is the opportunity to correct 'quotes.'

Thank you JOE.