Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Intimidation Zone



A few of us were sitting around discussing Mayor Barrie Tilghman's tactics lately and quite frankly I was a bit disturbed. You see, Barrie Tilghman has been subjected to several new faces visiting Council Meetings recently and she has clearly been seen going into the audience and taking down names.
Now why is Barrie Tilghman doing this? She's doing it to make those people who are attending feel as if SHE'S GOT THEM and she knows who they are. It's a typical form of intimidation because as MOST of you who are reading this Blog rely on me standing up to this Administration, she thinks by doing this it will scare people away from her and you know what, she's probably right.
There have been a ton of people Barrie Tilghman has gone after whenever someone disagrees with you, allow me to name just a few. Carolyn Hall, Von Siggers, Rachel Polk, Jennifer Albero, Joe Albero, Dot Goetz, The Dirty Dozen, Frank Himelright, Jim Ireton, Debbie Campbell, Terry Cohen, Linda Kent, Police Chief Dykes, Robin Cocky, the list goes on and one and I'm sure in comments here some of you will add to that quick list.
While Bob Caldwell is reaching out to gain more supporters and I applaud his effort, too many people are simply scared of the retaliation of Barrie Tilghman and they truly need to come out of their shell.
Considering the amount of hits I get each and every day, it's obvious just how many people are fed up. It doesn't matter where I go, (and I go a lot of places) the majority of the people out there thank me for what I do. Barrie Tilghman and others like Chief See and Chief Webster may think I do not have the popularity that I do but they're severely wrong.
Oh sure, there are some Anti Albero Bloggers out there that like to bash me daily, that's cool, that's their right. However, there's only a hand full of people that comment there and disagree with me. Think about that for a moment too. I put up an average of probably 10 to 15 articles a day, many of which go after wrong doings in the Salisbury area. That's bound to make some enemies. However, there are literally thousands upon thousands of people who enjoy coming to this Site to see what's new and perhaps who's next, if you know what I mean?
Barrie wants to intimidate you any way she can, even if it means going into a crowd and asking who you are and writing down your name. The next time she does, tell her it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Shove it right in her face and make HER feel intimidated. Then I'd encourage you to work with Bob Caldwell and for crying out loud, get out of that shell and start participating. You are an entire City and she is one woman.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, well stated Joe. About all I can add is "Amen!".

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

As one of those in that list, may I state that if you have not had the dubious distinction of being one of Barrie's targets, you have no idea of the retaliatory tactics Barrie takes pleasure in unleashing upon those who disagree in any manner with her opinions or plans. She never takes the high road and always prefers to do her works in the most disturbing ways. For another citizen to suffer under her regime is something we cannot allow.

Anonymous said...

Sir:

When and how has Barrie "gone after" Robin Cockey, except with a check in her hand to pay for services by him and Maloney in helping her force former Police Chief Dykes to resign?

Anonymous said...

Robin Cockey completely sold out to Barrie , just like Louise Smith.

Anonymous said...

Remember Brenda and Buddy Cox? They raised 10's of thousands of dollars annually for MDA with no problems. Permits were always issued to close streets, bring in rides, vendors etc to support Jerry's kids. THEN, Brenda launched that recall petition and it's all history from there. Barrie used every department under her authority to harrass them right out of business, into bankruptcy and ultimately out of town. This sticks in many minds here in Salisbury and the surrounding area. Brenda didn't have anyone to back her up, people ran scared. Carolyn Hall was set up to be searched by SPD for drugs while campaigning in the Church St area. The list goes on and on and on. It's time to put an end to Barrie and her list.

Whoever said, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" said a mouthful. I've had more than enough.

Anonymous said...

When you stand up to Barrie, you literally are putting yourself in the line of fire. She takes a certain pride in her street-fighting techniques and loves to script out ways to best her opponent.

Anonymous said...

I am not afraid of that B!tch and she has burnt me several times. I will be waiting on the steps of the Government Office Building with baited breath to watch the Feds take her out in handcuffs. I will laugh in her face and I hope they take Door Matt with her. BPT I have my eye on you B!TCH!!!