Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Kenny Beck Moves On





Yesterday afternoon Mr. Kenny Beck had his final broadcast on 47 News and the Staff held a small party to wish him well in North Carolina.

I've learned a lot from Kenny Beck over the past couple of years and yesterday we talked one on one about his career. He explained to me how his Mother and Father are both Teachers and after his Sports Career he chose to go into Teaching as well. His Parents taught him throughout his life time how to be passionate about the things that interest you most.

After Sports, Kenny thought he'd get into Sports only Broadcasting. When this market didn't have anything available sports wise, he got a call asking if he'd be interested in an anchor position and he thought, what the heck.

Well, it's been a home run ever since. He found he actually loved doing that even more than the Sports. However, "If ESPN called tomorrow I might have to reconsider that statement."

Good Luck Kenny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salisbury has "move on" mainstream media for those with ability -- Mr. Beck and Ms Crowell -- we can't get rid of the rest of them -- Bassett, Hammond, etc. -- unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Hammond is or was married to a Spicer there is no way you'll ever get rid of him.

Anonymous said...

GET RID OF JOE!

Anonymous said...

Joe, I am not sure, but I have looked all over WMDT, and I cannot find anything about Kenny Beck Moving up.
On another note I love reading your blog everyday, and I missed you when You were on Vacation.(much deserved) I hope you had a good time.
If you have the time, I'd like to ask you a question about something that has stirred up some controversy in Tyaskin, Md. I cannot seem to find your email address anywhere, and I do not want to give it out on the site.