Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 04, 2007

WBOC LIVE!


I was traveling through the Downtown area doing my normal rounds when I came across Channel 16 going LIVE at the Salisbury Fire Department. Out of curiosity I popped my head in the door when they went live. YAHOO, This Is Exciting! NOT!

It was about a Paramedic talking about new techniques with choking victims. ALLRIGHTYTHEN! And they were LIVE! WooHoo!

Now look Folks, I truly love and enjoy the Media Staff throughout the City and that even includes many at the Daily Times, so I'm not knocking THEM. What I'm knocking is, trash flowing over dumpsters illegally and nothing is covered on it. Graffiti all over the Downtown area and there's no follow up story on the entire clean up of such. Graffiti left over the City hasn't cleaned up off their properties. Two shootings a few nights ago and nothing was covered on it. A budget not complete and an audit not available, yet there's no follow up at the Mayor's front door demanding answers as to why?

There's so many things they could think of and go LIVE with but it's a sad day when you have to do a job and discuss choking techniques? I'm not saying it isn't worthy of a news report, but LIVE? Maybe I'm just jealous we can't go LIVE on the Blogs? LOL

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Excellent point Joe! The news media in this area really does not deliver any real local news.