Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 06, 2006

Do You Know Where Your Children Are?



As I was driving into tonight's City Council Meeting I was on the Bypass doing my usual driving over the speed limit, (it's one of my biggest faults) when three cars came upon me so fast I couldn't believe my eyes. They were doing at least 120 mph and flew past me like I was standing still.

I was able to catch up to them on the Rt. 50 exit ramp and snapped off a few shots. Look, I know if one of my kids were driving as fast as these kids were, I'd want to know. SO, that being said, if you recognize these cars and or their tag numbers, know they were in excess of 100 mph, no doubt about that. Also know there was less than 1 car length between them while driving at that speed.

The car with the DE Tags had two teenage girls in the car and as soon as they saw my camera they knew they were in for it right then and there. One can only hope it scared them half to death and they'll learn from this experience.

The Bypass is a very dangerous place for racing and I can only hope the Police start Policing that stretch of roadway more often, please? They'll save a lot of lives.

Oh, since I gave the Police a tip I get a free pas from any speeding tickets too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and when they lose control it will be my wife, your wife or someones kids that go down with them.
But i wasn't any smarter when I was 20. But the roads were much less conjested. AND it's hard to get a model T up to 100MPH.

joe albero said...

noname,

Either you quit the nasty remarks or you'll be forever dropped from posting comments here again, understand? I've already deleted one of your comments this morning.

joe albero said...

pb,

Just carry a camera around with you and snap a shot or two, especially of their tags. Turn it over to the Police and they can write up a report and a ticket.

This is about saving the lives of not only the drivers but the other innocent people on the road these people can collide with.

There are literally tons of Officer that read this Blog Site every day and I expect them to click on the pictures to enlarge them and I made sure I got tag numbers for them to get started.

Might I also add? In LA they are opening tracks for these kids to race on in the attempt to keep them off the streets and it's working. They need to consider this elsewhere and bring back the race tracks.

joe albero said...

Look Young Man, (noname)

You know what post I'm talking about and trust me, I have every word of it saved in a file.

Try being a smart ass all you want, you and I know what I'm talking about and if there was a boxing ring you and I could step into I'd glady take you on and beat the crap/youth out of you.

You respect your elders or stay away as you have proven you don't belong. That's my last warning.