Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 09, 2006

If I Were Elected Mayor Of Salisbury.......


Oh how things would change!

First of all, ALL Council Meetings would start with Public Comment and no one, (unless they were completely out of line) would be gaveled down!

All City Council Members would be heard and respected or there would be fines and or dismissal.

There would be a one time "get out of jail card" offered to each and every employee working within the City to NARC on their employer/boss. Any and all illegal activities would be brought to the surface and or if found out at a later point the people involved would be prosecuted as a team.

Then I'd walk right into the Zoo on my very first day and I'd fire Jim Rapp and Carrie Sammis. Just to torture anyone left working at the Zoo immediately thereafter I'd hire Jennifer to come in and run the show until I hired a "PROFESSIONAL" replacement.

I'd then put an immediate halt to the Master Plan and immediately make offers to buy the Old Mall and relocate the Zoo there to higher ground. I'd fire the entire Zoo Commission and find citizens that truly care about animals, the environment and people that truly knew how to run a business and treat the Zoo as such.

Then I'd call in the entire Public Works Department and I'd fire John Jacobs and Dave Winslow right in front of everyone because they are LIARS! End of story in that department.

I'd close the road on the Downtown Plaza and encourage everyone to bring that back to what it used to be.

OK, here's some BIG ideas. Id then put together a team, fly them to San Antonio Texas and let them see the River Walk for a few days. When they returned I'd start to construct that same atmosphere right here in Salisbury and create Economic & Development through visitors to our beautiful City.

I'd encourage firing Chief Webster and consolidating the Police Department into one County Wide Police Department through Mike Lewis. I'd also encourage having the City of Salisbury swallowed up by the County to lower taxes and get away from corruption within the City.

I could go on and on for hours here with ideas but that's a good start. I might have to annex Delmar into Salisbury so I could live where I'm living too. LOL I'd have no problem living in the City if Barrie Tilghman were completely gone. Until then, I'll stay in Delmar. However, the laws would have to change as to how many animals we could have too! ;-)

Oh, Linda Kent, Terry Cohen and others would get a Key to the City for al they have done to eliminate corruption in City Government. I'd also give Debbie Campbell, (or her husband) one free slug, (maybe two) at Mike Dunn and the Chief would be demanded to turn his back, just like he did with Rachel Polk. BAM!

13 comments:

Neighborhood Resident said...

Joe, do you know anything about the Bennett High and Middle School subject? I heard they're looking for 30 acres to put a new middle school on because the current property that both the high school and middle school sit on isn't big enough for two schools. Huh?

joe albero said...

Why not the Old Mall and a Zoo? The Zoo is only 12 acres now.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
One thing for sure, if you were Mayor the employement opportunities in Salisbury would deffinitely go UP.

joe albero said...

AMEN Brother.

Anonymous said...

Thought,
One major problem in many large cities is the lack of good professional leadership. Why? Because the professional individuals that could make the cities work efficiently would prefer to live outside the city for any number of reasons. Schools, family safety, taxes, traffic, space, etc. Safety probably being #1. Our countries most competent police officers and elected officals only stay as long as necessary to get retirement or a better offer in a nicer location and POOF they are gone. (except Washington where we can't ever get rid of them!) this area has become a major retirement area for people. I'm sure, if offered and the conditions were right there are any number of retired or semi retired "Professional" businessmen in this area that could run many of the departments or at the very least act as consultants. Of course as corrupt as things seem to be now they probably don't want any consultants looking over thier shoulders.
Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Wars are won by attacking on multiple fronts, keep the enemy off balance and guessing. Overwhelming force!!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ooops sorry.

joe albero said...

SRR,

At 44 years old, I am one of those retired Professionals that could run the City and or a Department. I'm not in need of major income and I am a proven success.

Anonymous said...

See,sometimes I amaze myself....but not often!

joe albero said...

Art Goetz, "WHAT A GUY!"

joe albero said...

Dear Art Goetz,

After further review I have elected to rent a room somewhere else within the City limits as my physician clearly informs me I cannot get up anywhere neat the 0500 hour and exercise is limited to Golf only.

Respectfully,

Your Son-In-Law

Joe

HooRah!

Anonymous said...

How long would this last "First of all, ALL Council Meetings would start with Public Comment and no one, (unless they were completely out of line) would be gaveled down!" after this "Then I'd walk right into the Zoo on my very first day and I'd fire Jim Rapp and Carrie Sammis. Just to torture anyone left working at the Zoo immediately thereafter I'd hire Jennifer to come in and run the show until I hired a "PROFESSIONAL" replacement." happens? Personally I would love to see Joe become mayor. It would be interesting to see how long it would take for the other side to rise up and use blogs to bring down the Albero administration.

swampcritter2 said...

But he's not a sicilian.

joe albero said...

I'll tell you what I am. I'm the Mayors worse nightmare, that's what I am. You should have seen the look on her face when Charles Jannace and I walked into the Council Meeting tonight! Now she likes to poke her tongue pushing out her cheek when she's nervous. Very Interesting! No yellow jacket tonight. At least she's covering up though, thank God.