Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 09, 2006

RiverFest Was A Flop!!!





















No mater how much everyone will try to say this event was a huge success, pictures never lie!

As I went from booth to booth and talked to people till I was blue in the face, people explained to me how this was a much bigger event than last year because the draw bridge was closed last year. I'd then turn my head and look around and all I could think was, DEE, DEE, DEEEEE!

People were selling themselves at this thing, things were so slow! I spent hours seeing old friends and even new friends in the Political Arena but all in all the first impression, (honest to God) was the severe smell/stench/odor coming from the Wicomico River! I was informed today that they released the no fishing, no swimming on the Wicomoico River TODAY! This Mayor will stop at nothing!

Anyhow, you wanted to know how the event went, the photos should tell it all.

7 comments:

Michael Swartz said...

Nice picture of me in that last one.

I have to agree, the crowd was underwhelming on that side of things. I think there were many more people on the car show side; in fact, the food vendor on that side closed early because he ran out of food.

But I didn't do the boat trip like last year, and walking by the "Sewercomico" it looked pretty full of garbage.

sparkly1 said...

They may as well held it at the WWTP. A better even would to have had a clean up. I'm sure The Slime will have plenty of picures posted making it look like the party of the century.

joe albero said...

I was there for at least 2 hours and I never once saw the Mayor or Mike Dunn? They must have been running the opposite way?

An American said...

I was at the fest yesterday. It didn't seem like a lot of people to me either. As I walked around I was taking notice of some things I thought could have been done differently to make the event a little better, like closing off traffic at the bridge and Lake St. to make the area a little more pedestrian friendly, etc. I got there a little later and I didn't get to see anyone, but my wife and I enjoyed a late lunch at brew river. While there I asked our server if the "spill" had slowed business. She stated that she wasn't even aware of the spill but always heard the water was just nasty. My wife and I spent the night on our boat after a celebrating a wedding at the marina there. We got up early to go home and couldn't stand the smell coming from the river. The wind was still and the humidity was getting higher. There was no place to go to escape the smell except "away". They can say what they want about the rain from the storm washing away the bacteria earlier than expected, but it smelled bad. Really, really bad!

joe albero said...

RDH,

That's exactly what I said as soon as I arrived. It stunk to high heaven yesterday and I don't care what anyone says, the Mayor is full of shit! The river should have been kept closed. I lived on the Bay for years and I know what smells right and what doesn't and I can assure you, it stunk like human crap yesterday. Maybe someone should throw the Mayor into the River soon and let her get a taste of what's safe and what's not?

sparkly1 said...

As you can see from today's Slime that the Sparkly1 has outstanding psychic abilities. If any of you ever need a pictue of a kid getting their face painted to make your flop look like a success call me, I have 23 years experience.

sparkly1 said...

You know you all are right The wicked witch and her flying monkeys are so full of it . . . their flushing is enough to push the WWTP over the limit!