Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Please Help Me Understand This!






















Yesterday I visited Delmar Elementary School to pick up my Grandson. Yes, I too am on the fringe of being called "ELDERLY."

Here's what I don't get. All too often I'd drive around the City of Salisbury and see these signs posted freely around Ben's Red Swings and I'd write the City Council and Mayor and a few weeks later and a few letters later they would eventually disappear.

Now I'm seeing them on Public School grounds and I have a VERY serious problem with that. The abuse this company continues to take advantage of illegally is just unbelievable. Now I don't know the owners of this company and I'm sure they're good people but this abuse has to stop!

I too have owned retail sports businesses like this and I could just see getting sued and fined for ever thinking of placing a sign up somewhere and not having a permit! Who are these people that can constantly get away with this?

Oh, by the way, it's NOT my camera, the sign is upside down. So you also know, I visited the "Crown Sports Center" and I didn't see one of these signs posted anywhere! Should the Crown Sports Center start making up their own signs and post them on Public School Property for free? After all, they're providing unbelievable services for the community and probably deserve free advertisement for taking such HUGE risks!

No comments: