Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Follow That Light!




















Sometimes I just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Tonight I was traveling down Waller Road when I saw a helicopter with a spot light heading my way. The next thing I knew the spot light was on my car and I felt like I was in L.A. Cruzin Down De Blvd.

The next thing I knew there were some 10+ Police Cars flying by me and I immediately turned around and followed. They all pulled into the pond area at the Wicomico County Dump where it turns out a 14 year old had stolen a van and ultimately turned himself into the Delmar Police.

I had also heard there was another 14 year old girl who had run away and was still missing. Apparently they had been hanging out by the pond area for the past two days. There were four different Police Departments involved, all of which was a great pleasure meeting and or seeing again. The Wicomico County Sheriffs Department, Maryland State Police, Delaware State Police and the Delmar Police Department. All I can tell you is, God Forbid your 14 year old child disappeared, there's no better dedicated group of Police Officers I'd want looking for my child than this group! What a team!

No comments: