Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Connecticut fines residents $3,000 for violating coronavirus travel advisory

NEW YORK - Connecticut says it has issued its first $3,000 in fines to a pair of residents who failed to comply with the state’s new coronavirus travel advisory.

Gov. Ned Lamont announced Monday that the individuals were both hit with $1,000 fines for failing to fill out public health forms when they flew back weeks ago from Louisiana and Florida – two states that are reporting higher numbers of daily confirmed cases. One of those residents was fined an additional $1,000 after his co-worker informed officials he was refusing to self-quarantine for 14 days as required under the restrictions, he added.

More
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/connecticut-fines-residents-3000-for-violating-coronavirus-travel-advisory

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the state reward the co-worker for coming forth and reporting the alleged offender. Compliance would be so much better if bounties were offered.🤡

Anonymous said...

I agree 10:56
I believe the Nazis gave informers cash payments for squealing on their neighbors.

I filmed my neighbor yesterday while the idiot mowed his grass WITHOUT A FACE MASK!

How dare him.
He will get his soon

Anonymous said...

1110
I really hope you are joking about filming people on their own private property for not wearing a mask. That is such BS. I certainly do not wear a mask when I am at home with only my family around. That is taking things too far. If I needed to have someone here for a repair that is different.
When the government tries to take away your personal freedom in the privacy of your own home things have gone too far. As far as neighbors pulling BS stunts like what you described, be prepared for someone to use your phone to give you a colonoscopy....that's what I would do! 😡

Anonymous said...

These fines should be illegal & thrown the hell OUT !!!

Anonymous said...

Hey , this ain't yet China or Russia !!! YET

Anonymous said...

1209
I plan to report your threatening remarks to the CIA
Along with the pics of my neighbor.

:)

Anonymous said...

12:09 PM in wisconsin you have to wear a mask in a online meeting when you are home alone. get with the program and quit making excuses.

Anonymous said...

Good! Stay your behinds home and stop spreading this virus then complaining that kids can’t go to school.

Red Pill said...

Sit on welfare and pay the fine with the states money. I would if I even bothered to pay it back.