Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg Says She Is Dealing With "A Recurrence Of Liver Cancer"

After being discharged from hospital over fears of an infection earlier in the week, Scupreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsbrug has issued a statement confirming her health status and her capabilities of fulfilling her commitments.

Full Statement from Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.

My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work.

I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton raises a good question: "Justice Ginsburg has had liver cancer since February. And the public was not informed until today."

Source

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously this woman has lost it, she needs to retire but has no mind left to make that decision. Now the only humane thing is for her to die in her sleep. So let's all pray she goes before Nov.

Anonymous said...

Damn....

Anonymous said...

They will keep her on life support until after the election. She won't be allowed to "die." Her peers are voting for her now. Probably on life support, even while these statements are being released. She will be "invisible" (no current photos) until after the election. Roberts will not allow her to be replaced before the election. Like most Dems, she will keep on voting from the bench, dead or alive.

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: As I have said for a long while, all of her court activities and decisions are promulgated by her clerks and she is just a figurehead.

Anonymous said...

She would have retired 3 years ago but does not want Trump to appoint another conservative Judge to the Supreme Court. She will not retire until after the elections when she hopes Biden will win. Then she will retire.

Anonymous said...

She will be leaving us by the end of 2020

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear about anyone with cancer. But she doesn't have our countries best interest. I hope she dies a fast and painless death. Then we hopefully get a judge who isn't a POS like John Roberts.

Anonymous said...

In the event that she passes, I’m sure the appointment of her replacement will be put off until after the election.

Anonymous said...

I think her and Keith Richards are brother and sister.

Anonymous said...

Bye bitch

Anonymous said...

All the crap President Trump has been through. Don't bet on it. The day they put here in the ground. I'd have the pick in.

Anonymous said...

Weekend at Bernies

Anonymous said...

Obama appointed Garland in March 2016. The senate refused to verify him because the election was too close. It’s July, way past March, you really think it would go through?

Anonymous said...

Oh for the sake of decency will this rotting old harridan just please kindly die already?

Anonymous said...


7:43 The reason offered for not moving on Garland's nomination was that Obama was a 'lame duck' as his term was ending and he was term limited. That particular set of circumstances doesn't exist today.

Also worth noting that a number of SCOTUS nominees across time have either been voted down, not accorded a vote, withdrew themselves, or had their nomination withdrawn.