Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 24, 2020

NFL = Not For Long

Why Some Folks Have Come to Despise the NFL

NFL "Refresher" NFL History...history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders. I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to better understand when and why the public’s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble....
* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling before each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure "eye black for breast cancer awareness.
* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem..).
*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
* 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression. It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue:
For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily, for being cops, or for the Memory of 9/11...
BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now has shown itself to be.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despise them, I do. Anything decent, they are totally against. Must be owned by the Pelosi, Shumer, clinton, Obama bunch.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am not and never have been a fan of National Felony League. This is a eye opener that will get your attention. I would boycott the trash and their sponsors if I had been a fan. Sorry I don’t know the sponsors because I don’t waste time viewing.

Anonymous said...

So true,so sad. Hypocrisy at it's worst.

Anonymous said...

I could watch the entire NFL get eaten by a pack of alligators and still enjoy a rib-eye steak while doing so.

Anonymous said...

All good things must end. The NFL is done!

Anonymous said...

If we don't like it we're unredeemable racists, is that it?

Well, then, we're the unredeemable racists who are going to stop buying whatever the team and league national sponsors are hawking today, game tickets and official NFL team logo crap. The league and franchises can pull that money out of their behinds for only so long before they get the point.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. Very eye opening.

Anonymous said...

Half of you guys talk a big talk about not watching then once the season starts you are the first one cheering.

Anonymous said...

12:24am, ha ha, me too!!

Anonymous said...

And they want to play what song before the first game? It doesn't matter to me, I won't be watching. They have stolen my joy for a game I've loved for 60 years.

Anonymous said...

Like everything else the libtard dumbocrat policies touch, NFL football is ruined forever.

Anonymous said...

2020 will be the year without sports for me

Anonymous said...

Frankly I prefer college sports. The pros are overpaid and under talented (IMO) and the league is too liberally biased.

Anonymous said...

Then the MLB jumped right in with both feet the other night.

Nascar, too.

Trump went with Little League! Great move!

Anonymous said...

8:52

And biden was cheering for women's volleyball.

Anonymous said...

If fans don’t support the NFL politicians will bail them out with your tax dollars.

Anonymous said...

I quit watching the games when it got to "Black", but I guess it is after all what the letters stand for, N F L

Anonymous said...

I'm done. I'm serious people. Look at ALL the money you will save. Do a budget of everything you would buy through a season. Tickets. Beer. Food. NFL TICKET. Bookie. Football cards. Etc. My wife said I can keep all the money. So I'm putting it in my safe. At the end of the season I will give you a tally. I'm curious how much I wasted on the sport over the years. It's just football. I have baseball as well. Screw basketball. They travel and foul all the time which is never called. Like playing at the playground. Why would you pay to see that garbage??

Anonymous said...

I have been done with the nfl a long time ago.They don't exist to me.

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone remembers this. Even as next season comes. Any bar that shows thos, any restaurant that shows and promotes this should be boycotted. People have a short attention span anymore.

Anonymous said...

11:05 I'm doing the same. Except my isn't allowing me to keep it.lol

Anonymous said...

Your right. But once they see all the money they save by NOT supporting them. Maybe the won't forget. It's all about the money. I just hope people do stay away. Would love to see all these pandering sports go bankrupt before I die.

Anonymous said...

Baked potato or mashed? Just want to see the complete picture.