Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Nashville liquor store owner, 88, explains why she shot alleged shoplifter: 'I'm fed up'

Nashville liquor store owner May Boyce, an 88-year-old widow who stands 5-foot-3 and weighs 115 pounds, according to reports, got “fed up” of her store being robbed so she shot an alleged shoplifter.

She told police she grabbed her late mother Mary’s .38 Smith & Wesson snub-nose revolver and shot a suspect who was trying to steal alcohol last Tuesday, according to an affidavit obtained by McClatchy News Service.

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore,” she told The New York Post Saturday. “You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

“I did what I had to do,” added Boyce, now out on $10,000 bond. “After you’ve been played for a fool by people stealin’ from you for years, you get fed up. And don’t put me in the category of a little old lady. I know how to take care of myself.”

More
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-liquor-store-owner-88-explains-why-she-shot-alleged-shoplifter-im-fed-up

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was just taking care of business. Should have not even been charged, a trophy is do.

Anonymous said...

Ditto

Anonymous said...

Atta girl. Stick that gun up their nose. It's the only thing they understand.

Anonymous said...

Go for it grandma
You tell it like it is
I support you 1000%

Anonymous said...

Yeah bayyybeee

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, if police, politicians, BLM and Democrats won’t hold criminals accountable, shoot them.
That whole crowd likes to dish it out, but when you serve them up a hot steamy plate of their BS they reject you as a racist bigot or suffocate you.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Granny !

Anonymous said...

Dirty Harry's mom

Anonymous said...

F with the bull and get the horns

Anonymous said...

Love me some grandma

Anonymous said...

Fido Beto's mom

Anonymous said...

Go granny goooooooooo. You did exactly what you should have done.