Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 01, 2019

Trump makes Florida his primary residence, but says New York will 'have a special place in my heart'

President Trump, a born-and-bred New Yorker, announced Thursday that he has changed his permanent residence to Palm Beach, Fla., because of the way politicians in New York City and the state of New York have treated him.

“I cherish New York, and the people of New York, and always will, but unfortunately, despite the fact that I pay millions of dollars in city, state and local taxes each year, I have been treated very badly by the political leaders of both the city and state. Few have been treated worse,” the president tweeted.

“I hated having to make this decision, but in the end it will be best for all concerned. As President, I will always be there to help New York and the great people of New York. It will always have a special place in my heart!”

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good riddance

Anonymous said...

Sad radical left forced a president of the United state out of his home to another state.

Trump 2020 said...

1025 pm

your mommys calling you to go back to her basement

Anonymous said...

He isn't alone. Millionaires are leaving the state in unprecedented numbers to break the grip of outrageous state, county and city taxes.

Anonymous said...

Very soon Florida will be my legal residence but Maryland will still be a $h**hole to me.

Anonymous said...

3:26
Ding ding ding

You win the prize. State Taxes

Anonymous said...

New York or Florida? Really! That should not require much debate. Trump is even smarter that I thought!

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: I changed my residency to Florida and then years later to Texas for similar reasons. I was active duty army and although I had entered the army from Maryland, had not set foot in the state for six years. They still wanted a hunch of my income for state taxes and I decided it was time to make the change. No regrets.

Anonymous said...

Like Fruitland! Good bye !

Anonymous said...

Good on you - I made the move and I am mad at myself for taking so long to do so. I think tomorrow morning I will spend on the beach drinking coffee and taking in the beautiful day in Florida.