Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Eat to Beat Cancer

A report on “The State of U.S. Health” published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), ranked “dietary risks” as the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States, surpassing even tobacco smoking.

When Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine,” in circa 400 BCE, he knew that what we eat can dramatically affect our health. Today, a few forward-thinking physicians have taken up the battle, urging us to use diet to deter many chronic diseases —including cancer.

A leading integrative oncologist, Dr. Donald I. Abrams M.D., chief of hematology-ncology at San Francisco General Hospital and a professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, reports that his cancer patients who have changed their diet to include low fats, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fiber, calcium and seafood sources of omega-3 fatty acids “report they feel great and have more energy.”

More

4 comments:

TheRealRay said...

Don't eat crap and you won't feel or be crappy...

Anonymous said...

Personally, I am so sick and tired of these so called experts telling me what I should and shouldn't eat.

I WILL EAT WHAT I DESIRE WHENEVER I WANT TO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And stay away from wind mills. They cause cancer

Anonymous said...

I don't know what causes cancer but eating the right food isn't going to pay my pharmacy bills that the State of Maryland is taking from all retired state employees.... This is very serious...read up....