Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 01, 2019

Large memorial made from dog tags of fallen U.S. soldiers is coming to D.C.


WASHINGTON (ABC7/WJLA) – The Veterans & Athletes United VAU Fallen Heroes Memorial is coming to the Pentagon in October.

On Memorial Day in 2018, the VAU completed their traveling Global War on Terror Memorial flag to honor 7,000 veterans of the War on Terror and Gold Star families. The flag was created to help raise awareness of the sacrifice paid by the U.S. military servicemen and women that died fighting for the American people.

The memorial is a 28-foot wide by six-foot tall American flag that resembles the flag draped over a fallen service member's casket. It is crafted out of approximately 7,000 dog tags of all those who have fallen in the War on Terror.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets hope the antifa liberals don't destroy it!

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: I’m one of the fortunate ones. I still have my dog tags no thanks to North Vietnamese anti aircraft gunners. I just had my 77th birthday and back in those days I was certain I would not live to see my 30th. I lost a lot of friends from my OCS class and these types of remembrances are very emotional for me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Northwest Woodsman for your service and trying to suppress communism