Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 29, 2018

Exclusive -- Blexit: In My Own Words

When I uploaded my first video onto YouTube one year ago, I entitled it “Mom, Dad, I’m a Conservative.”

It was a two-minute satirical stab at the social exiling that many Americans face when they announce their conservatism to friends and family.

Soon thereafter I would discover that for black Americans, the punishment that awaits is far worse than any social exile: it is a full-court social lynching.

I have been branded a self-hating black, Nazi-sympathizer and rather astonishingly — a white supremacist.

The underlying sentiments are clear; black people are meant to think and act within the confines of what white liberals deem acceptable.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My elderly mother and my in laws who watch and believe the mainstream media like CNN, have all but disowned me! They think Trump is the Antichrist and I am no different for voting for him.

Since they are both retired with a golden parachute that I probably won't have or my children, they really just don't have a clue!

They don't see that we are losing our freedom of speech, our freedom of religion, our 2nd amendment rights to be able to keep and bear arms.

The free trade deals and globalist policies that have taken our jobs away from us, which was done by both parties, and mostly from the Democrats.

They want to keep their goodies and golden parachute in place, at our expense of the working men and women of this country.

They sit all day in there home and listen to the political propaganda that is told to them by the media and left wing media talk shows, like The View, but in reality, they really don't know the hell they are talking about.

They haven't been out there in the real world, and they have absolutely no idea just hard things are now for the working class.

They have demonized white working class people and expect us to cower down and accept the hate that is directed our way?

I hear this all the time when I have to take my mother shopping because she can no longer drive. It's no use trying to explain things to her, because she is from the generation that was post depression era, and they believe everything that is told to them by the media and our government.

Even within families, there is no common ground to talk or just have a civil conversation. When my father in law starts shouting at the TV because of something Trump had said or had done, I leave the room. It just starts an argument, but on the other hand, they have stopped talking to me anyway, and when they call, they just want to talk to my wife, or tell her something to convey a message to me!

Their loss, not mine!

Anonymous said...

Sad. Trump will go down aw one of our greatest Presidents.

Anonymous said...

I know the generation that you speak of. My generation, the same you refer, believed doctors were good not to mention priests. I too feel that those you critize Trump are set in their ways and not open for discussion. Too comfortable to accept changes.