Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I Had It All...

I talked with a homeless man this morning and asked him how he ended up this way.

He said, "Up until last week, I still had it all. I had plenty to eat, my
clothes were washed and pressed, I had a roof over my head, I had HDTV and Internet, and I went to the gym, the pool, and the library.

"I was working on my MBA on-line. I had no bills and no debt. I even had full medical coverage. ”

I felt sorry for him, so I asked, "What happened? Drugs? Alcohol?
Divorce? ”

"Oh no, nothing like that," he said. "No, no.... I was paroled."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered why more homeless don't take the opportunity to have all that. Especially during winter, serve 6 months, get out in warmer weather.

Anonymous said...

Man ain't that the truth!

Anonymous said...

The real kicker is that most of these will be back in prison again - and we've wasted more taxpayer dollars!

Anonymous said...

1216, many do.

Anonymous said...

This part of society is so messed up. We need to start reverting back to "an eye for an eye" mentality!

Anonymous said...

And when they release them, they drop 'em off in Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

All the while - WE (taxpayers) pay that bill!

Anonymous said...

At this rate it's a viable retirement option. Possible safer too.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This part of society is so messed up. We need to start reverting back to "an eye for an eye" mentality!

May 22, 2018 at 8:37 AM

Then everyone would be blind, including you.