Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Single people reveal what it’s like to end up without a life partner

Many people worry about finding the right person to settle down with, or having a failed marriage - but now people who have ended up alone have revealed it's nothing to be afraid of.

Singletons from around the world who haven't found a life partner took to the Q&A site Quora to reveal what it's really like, with most of them giving a very positive account of solo living.

In response to the question, 'What happens when you end up alone without a partner? Is it really that terrible of a life?'

Others said it had taken a bad relationship to make them realise it's so much better to be alone, with one saying: 'I felt so lonely with my husband. I feel fulfilled now. It was a total liberation.'

Another added: 'You get to eat onions, do what you want, make mistakes without impacting somebody else's process. There are so many benefits I do not know how to list them all.'

A divorced woman whose children have moved out, said she finally had the freedom she's craved all her life.

'It's like pure oxygen,' she said. 'At last I have my own space and my own time and it's all mine.'

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace and quiet! Don't have to ask permission to do anything. The only company coming over is people I invited, people I like. In-laws? What are they? And...if you have a headache, let me call you a cab.

Anonymous said...

2:59

Oooh, you are a bitter lonely person.

Anonymous said...

What's a life "partner" ? are we on a cattle drive ?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it when my wife is away. I get to do things I want to do, eat what and when I want, snore without someone waking me up. I even get to choose my own restaurant without her sayin " no, I was thinking...." and get what I want on my pizza.
I can't believe all the things I do for HER to make HER happy.
What was that euthanasia thing Hawaii was planning??

Anonymous said...

I'm liking it!

Anonymous said...

Exactly. There are so many single women in their 40s. It’s like college, except they KNOW what they are doing and so do I.

Nothing like an attractive 43 year old woman who is just interested in a good time. They aren’t afraid to try anything, and I’ve actually learned some things my prude ex would never do. I feel like a rock star!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Limelight Lewis.

Anonymous said...

I can say what I want, do what I want, eat what I want, spend what I want, buy what I want, and live how I want. The house is finally clean, the bills are all paid, and there is no one trying to make my life miserable (yes, that's what she told the marriage counselor she was going to do). I've never been happier since we went our separate ways (this after decades of marriage). She was the bane of my happiness, and I'm glad she's gone. Being single is way better than being married to her. She was so bad, I think I can live the rest of my life without a female companion. If they are all like my ex, I don't need one...for any reason.

Anonymous said...

It is Great !! Then they can have Many partners !!! LOL

Anonymous said...

love being single at 60 and i always have backpage and craiglist handy