Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Comey Admits He Didn't Tell Trump Steele Dossier Was Funded by His Political Opponents

In his interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, fired FBI Director James Comey admitted that he did not inform President Trump that the Steele dossier was funded by the DNC because it “wasn’t necessary for my goal.”

"Did you tell him that the Steele dossier had been financed by his political opponents?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"No. I didn't," Comey replied. "I didn't even think I used the term 'Steele dossier.' I just talked about additional material."

"Did -- but did he have a right to know that?" the host pressed.

"That it had been financed by his political opponents?" the former FBI director replied. "I don't know the answer to that. I -- it wasn't necessary for my goal, which was to alert him that we had this information."

More/Video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the problem. Your goal should match that of the President or you should leave. Trump helped you since you didn't take the hint.

“wasn’t necessary for my goal.”