Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Let’s quit brainwashing kids that it’s a college degree or nothing

I had no inkling there was a problem.

The students in my college English class were working in the computer lab, where each station has a wraparound console which affords pupils the privacy they need to concentrate on their writing. But this also means I can’t see everyone at a glance, the way I do in a regular classroom.

So not till I walked to the middle of the room, and then to the very end of a row of stations, did I see the student I’ll call William with his head buried in his hands.

“Are you feeling okay?” I whispered.

No answer. He was shaking.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope one day that the plumber charges those highly educated at least $1,000 to fix their toilet.

Anonymous said...

Well it was due to that great sucking sound going south. No factories no jobs. Hopefully Trump is turning that around

Anonymous said...

Learn a trade, earn a living, then get whatever education you think you want...Poppi.