Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

In Maryland politics, the reckoning on sexual harassment is here

Before I was elected to the state legislature, I worked as an advocate in Annapolis. I knew there was a certain “old boys club” culture that women worked around to get their jobs done. There were offices you didn’t enter without a buddy and committees that had a reputation for being hostile to women. The women legislators I admired were all tough as nails. To do their jobs well, they had to be.

After my election in 2010, I returned to Annapolis as a member of the House of Delegates. I was warned by colleagues that relationships are everything in politics, and, above all else, I must be likable. Eager to best represent my community, I tried to take their advice.

The first time a married senior colleague grabbed my rear end, I was shocked. It was my first legislative session, and I was still getting to know people. Two of my male colleagues witnessed this sustained and shameless public groping. I was utterly humiliated. The next morning I went into a female legislator’s office, closed the door and cried.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She voted YES for Hillary clinton she voted YES to make HER district a SANCTUARY for ILLEGALS. The SAME two ILLEGALS that raped a girl at SCHOOL in her district. I think she is a LIAR and the BUTT grabbing story is FAKE...If ANY environment was that bad you would call the POLICE. She LITTERLY described a movie. #bs

Anonymous said...

9:12 I agree with you,she is a left wing nut job.

Jim said...

Why didn't she just slap the crap out of him if it was as bad as she says?

Was her 'power' more precious than her honor and self-respect?

Anonymous said...

Vote out all lying deceptive cheating scum..i.e democrats and rinos

Anonymous said...

agree with 10:16 but add term limits for all politicians

Anonymous said...

I am sick of all of this. If it happened and nothing was said about it then don't bother. Only proves you are a hoe who will allow anything to keep a job or move up. And this is the democrats definition of a "strong woman" because she came out. She's a low life skank losers hoe is what she is like all democrat skanks. A strong woman would have slapped the crap out of him right then and there and went public immediately. Certainly though none of this is to be believed anyway. All democrats lie constantly and in this case she could be looking for attention and trying to inflate her importance another democrat trait.

Anonymous said...

She's lying. If she were telling the truth she would name names.

Anonymous said...

Seems women would rather sell their soul to have fake power, instead of slapping the carp out of the perp and have real power. I don't have any sympathy.