Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 19, 2018

Analysis: NFL Lost 23 Million TV Viewers for Playoffs

The NFL has 23 million fewer viewers for this year’s playoff action, a new report says.

With the first round of this year’s NFL playoffs in the rear-view mirror, Outkick the Coverage’s Clay Travis took a look at the TV ratings and found that every game was down by millions of viewers and ratings fell to a ten-year low.

Each of this year’s playoff games has lost over a million plus viewers, Travis said, with the biggest loser being the Saint-Vikings game which lost an incredible 13 million.

“Adding all these numbers up 120.8 million viewers watched the NFL divisional round playoffs in 2018 vs. 144.1 million who watched in 2017, a decline of 23.3 million total viewers,” Travis wrote.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they lose 100 million viewers.

Anonymous said...

Who?

Anonymous said...

All we had to do was tell everyone they were praying and they would have immediately stood up.And no I don't expect anyone to get that but it's true.

Anonymous said...

PREACH I NO WHT U MEAN they go 2 church but wht why cause of fake media how bout everyone look right to left any job u work at n see we all work 2gether wheres the race card

Paladin said...

Dear readers,

It is interesting to note that as some NFL supporters have negated their interest in viewership via their attendance, social media, and other means, the NFL contends an increase in viewership. While I do not portend to know either viewership statistics or actual attendance figures, I will be interested to observe actual attendance and viewership statistcts for the 2018 season. Given that many season ticket holders pre-purchase their seats, I do wonder regarding what the impact the NFL will witness for the coming 2018 season. Please note that I have no stake in this - I have never supported professional sport relegating it to nothing less than Roman bloodsport, however, I do indeed wonder that those engaged as participants regard themselves as mortals or fools. The ‘kneeled’ are cutting off their noses in spite of their faces in my opinion. Further, they are nothing more than entertainment - just like Hollywood- we tune it to be entertained, and switch off when we are not. I do wonder if the liberal minded and their ilk truly absorb this... alas, I think not


Regards,

Paladin

Anonymous said...

I agree and do get it but to listen to them after minimal success on the field the first thing they do is thank god then they momma, LMFAO

Anonymous said...

I like watching football period!

Anonymous said...

7:05 I'm with you I also hope they lose 100 million viewers.Or more.