Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 01, 2017

GOP Rep Mo Brooks Rips ‘Flimsy’ Evidence Offered By Roy Moore Accusers

Tuesday on Huntsville, AL radio’s WVNN’s “The Dale Jackson Show,” Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) argued the allegations aimed at GOP U.S. Senate hopeful Roy Moore were nothing more than an effort of character assassination and wouldn’t hold up in court.

Brooks called the evidence propping up some of the allegations “flimsy” and said if he as a lawyer was appointed by a judge to take a side, he would pick the defendant’s side give the known circumstances.

Transcript as follows:

"Dale, racial division, character assassination – those kinds of things are at the heart of every Democratic campaign. And this instance – they will know that with the aid of the mainstream news media that character assassination works. You know, I’ve been a litigator in a court of law where you try to ascertain the truth for over three decades. I was a prosecutor in the Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s office. I was the District Attorney in Madison County. When I was in the private sector, I represented criminal defendants when I was appointed to do so by judges.

"And I represented people in civil court in normal litigation – person versus person or business. And my evaluation of the evidence is that there is only the remotest of possible chances that if this went to a court of law that jury would find Roy Moore guilty of anything.."

More here

No comments: