Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 11, 2017

House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte Will Not Seek Re-Election

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, will not seek re-election in 2018, he announced Thursday, ending a 13-term run representing Virginia’s solid-red Sixth Congressional District.

Goodlatte made his decision known via Twitter, thanking his constituents, and in a longer statement posted on his website:

It’s been an honor to serve #VA06 – thank you for your support and trust. It’s time to step aside. I’ve decided I will not seek re-election.

— Bob Goodlatte (@BobGoodlatte6) November 9, 2017

“With my time as Chairman of the Judiciary Committee ending in December 2018, this is a natural stepping-off point and an opportunity to begin a new chapter of my career and spend more time with my family, particularly my granddaughters,” Goodlatte wrote, adding:

More here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great...another RINO bites the dust.