Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 03, 2017

College melts down over plan for white people-free day on campus

After protesters at a Washington state college called for a day without white people, a biology professor says he no longer feels safe on campus — and student activists complain they’re being vilified by conservative media.

Evergreen State College students said racial tensions have been simmering in recent weeks, but reached a boiling point when a faculty member disagreed with their plans to protest what they say is institutional racism at the Olympia campus,according to The Olympian.

Students were particularly incensed by an email that surfaced on Twitter on May 25 between Professor Bret Weinstein and Rashida Love, director of First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services. Weinstein, who is white, allegedly condemned the “Day of Absence” event that asked white people to leave campus for the day.

More/Video

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pun intended but this complete incident is as plain as black and white and proves who is the racist. They do not want to join forces and solve the racial problems. They feel they are allowed to dominate others.

Anonymous said...

How about a White out on paying taxes.

Anonymous said...

This white man is sick of the double standard. I'm full of white pride because I was raised with God in my life, morals, respect for myself and others, a sense of pride for my wife and kids. I love getting up every morning and going to my job. I pride myself on working hard and not taking handouts, I enjoy helping others even when i don't have much to give.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a black out day. Enough already

Anonymous said...

Good old fashioned segregation. So hotly contested in the 60s but the folk want it back. Martin King Jr is spinning; feel it?

Anonymous said...

To be fair I never hear black people calling for this crap it's always white liberals on a campus somewhere.

Anonymous said...

2:23 - Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Well said!