Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The side effects of statins outweigh their benefits

Statins' side effects outweigh any of their potential benefits.

The cholesterol-lowering medications do not reduce death rates in any patients, a leading expert has warned.

Professor Sherif Sultan, president, the International Society for Vascular Surgery, said: 'People are taking this drug to prevent a problem and [are] creating a disaster.'

Side effects vary between individuals, with one in 1,000 suffering visual disturbances and increased bleeding; one in 100 experiencing inflammation of the liver and pancreas; and as many as one in 10 developing headache and muscle pain.

Statins are prescribed to around one in four adults in the UK, making them the most common treatment given out by doctors.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope, and pray Hillary Clinton is on these.

Anonymous said...

You can believe my sister & I both
experienced the severe muscle pain
as a side effect. The y were so
bad they awoke me from a sound sleep
from sever cramps in my legs.

I meant a man who told me Satins had
caused muscle deteriation in his legs
& that was why he was walking with
a walker.

At my age----I will take my chances,
try to eat healthier & Stay Away from
those Damn Drugs!! They'll kill you!!

Anonymous said...

After five years on taking statins I quit because I could no longer deal with the muscle cramps in my legs. What is curious is that three years later my cholesterol levels have not risen at all. I'm fine now and live a life free of horrible muscle cramps.

Anonymous said...

Huh?

Anonymous said...

These drugs are poison!

Anonymous said...

Statin was a ruthless leader that killed many people, so now even from his grave he is killing more?