Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 20, 2017

See the button House Democrats wore to Trump’s inauguration

On the day Donald Trump officially became president of the United States, Democrats still remained steadfastly opposed to the billionaire businessman’s proposals.

During the inaugural ceremony Friday, many House Democrats wore buttons emblazoned with the hashtag #ProtectOurCare, calling out Republicans and Trump for their promise to overthrow former President Barack Obama’s signature health care legislation, the Affordable Care Act.

“Members wanted to wear a sign of solidarity with the Affordable Care Act at the inauguration,” Drew Hammill, a spokesman for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), told Talking Points Memo.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't they realize this healthcare is far from "affordable"??

Anonymous said...

Thank you I wondered what that tasteless looking button said pukelosi

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman 61 years old... I just got a "bill" from the IRS telling me I must pay (or have it deducted from my return) $675 for not getting Obamacare. That is about 8% of what I grossed.
When I did try to get it last year, there was a $8000 deductible for my $265 health coverage. That would have been only 2nd to my highest monthly debt - 2nd only to rent. I don't spend that much on food.
I have no idea what to do...