Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Umbrella - A Touching Story...

On a rainy afternoon, a group of protesters were gathered outside the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one.
There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing voice said, "Don't you care about the
children of Iraq?"

The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam. All three died so a naive, ignorant, self-centered bimbo like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country, and if you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on 100%

Anonymous said...

OMG, love it, that's what she needed to be told.

Anonymous said...

My family died solely due to politics and lies, but how dare you reveal the truth. I would rather be a sheeple and support war over oil. Genocide for politics.

Anonymous said...

Government approved meme.

Anonymous said...

Geoff Smoot or Pres Osama would not be happy about this

Anonymous said...

6:57 Geoff Smoot is a hypocrite. Just another "Democrat in denial" because of the Democratic parties self destruction with Obama and Clinton. Read his articles in the Daily Times. Hypocrite and liar go hand in hand.

Anonymous said...

652
Thank you for stating the truth.

The woman in the story lost her loved ones because of lies told to her family by scoundrel government hacks who took the money from international bankers. All wars are bankers' wars. All of them.
Wars of profit.

Stop feeding this evil empire with your children, who become cannon fodder for wars of aggression.

Wake up

Anonymous said...

I love my country but I don't support all of these foreign wars we are involved in. Protecting our soil is on thing, but going overseas to fight for other is not what we should do.

Anonymous said...

2:20
Right on.
I agree

Anonymous said...

WE are not the world's police officer. Keep our troops here in the USA. Let the rest of the world fight their own battles.