Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 29, 2016

A husband's confession: The three unforgettable words my wife said at our wedding

While I vividly remember many moments from my wedding day, there's one moment that still moves me, and I hope it always does.

We had an Anglican wedding ceremony, which has a lovely script, but it doesn't allow for much creativity. Our pastor did make one exception, however: Before we said our vows, he let us share the testimony of how God brought us together.

Despite Raquel's nervousness about talking in front of a large crowd, she did it calmly and confidently. And when she finished telling the story, she looked at me and said three words that have stayed with me: "I'm trusting you."

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a touching story. I had just about the same thing happen to me. I just turned and said Damn your sister is hot. Lmao.

Anonymous said...

6 words on my wedding day, "I have a headache, maybe tomorrow."