Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sen. Jeff Sessions Slams Hillary Clinton’s Foreign Student Plan, Would Hurt American Grads

Democratic Candidate Hillary Clinton’s plan to “staple” a green card to the diplomas of foreign students graduating with masters and PhDs in the Science, Technology, Education, and Mathematics fields would hurt the job prospects and wages of American graduates already struggling in a glutted labor market, according to Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL).

“Although there are more college graduates in the U.S. today than at any point in our history, many have trouble finding meaningful work in their field of study. Many are underemployed, taking jobs well below their skill level simply to make ends meet,” Sessions, a policy adviser to Clinton’s presumptive Republican opponent Donald Trump, said in a statement. He noted that among STEM graduates some 74 percent are already not working in STEM fields.

Clinton unveiled her plan to keep America on the vanguard of technology and innovation on Tuesday. If elected president, part of her plan includes a promise to “‘staple’ a green card to STEM masters and PhDs from accredited institutions—enabling international students who complete degrees in these fields to move to green card status,” allowing foreign students to stay and work in the U.S. as lawful permanent residents.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of hearing about college and the merit of going to college.I grew up in an era when having good high school grades were necessary to get into college.I was not smart enough to pursue advanced education anyway & my high school grades were C average at best,but I did OK in life.

Anonymous said...

I am 55+, making 60K with no degree. I applied for a job. And they want to pay me less for no degree, but I will be doing the job. The same job, even if I had one. Plus, they asked, do I want to pursue my degree.

No, I do not want to join your club. I am already doing the job, I do not need a degree to do it. You want me to spend 60+K on a degree where as I will not get a 60+K wage increase?

Explain to me who the stupid one is, oh the mighty one with the worthless piece of paper.

I have spent a lifetime being looked down upon because I did not join your debt and indoctrination club. I have the skills, and knowledge. Much more than someone right out of college with their degree.

Society is ignorant.

I see the value in some professions. In others.... it's worthless and a waste of money.

This company has already put their cards on the table and I will always be viewed as worthless and less than. You can keep your job. I will look elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

We have forgotten that our college grads. of today are equal to a high school education in most countries or nations. We have fallen so far behind it will be impossible to catch up , we only learn what they will teach.
History of America is not even taught in high school much less college. This also applies to many other subjects. By the way , if history is taught is it so far out of wack and false it's pathetic.

Anonymous said...

It's a scam unless your learning a trade. Mechanics, home improvement, plumber etc.

Anonymous said...

I've seen some of the work of college graduates and you can tell the difference in the ones who were serious about learning and those forced to college by parents before they were ready. Few can write a complete sentence without spelling and grammatical errors. That reflects poorly on our educational system and family support. Many local baby boomers who have been successful in business, who worked with the local utility companies, postal service, etc., were not college graduates, and we made out fine.

Anonymous said...

9:22AM

I can C UR point.


Only 3 days until TGIF!!!