Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 22, 2016

What Is Passover?

The eight-day festival of Passoveris celebrated in the early spring, from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan. It commemorates the emancipation of the Israelites from slavery in ancient Egypt. And, by following the rituals of Passover, we have the ability to relive and experience the true freedom that our ancestors gained.

The Story in a Nutshell

After many decades of slavery to the Egyptian pharaohs, during which time the Israelites were subjected to backbreaking labor and unbearable horrors,G‑d saw the people’s distress and sent Moses to Pharaoh with a message: “Send forth My people, so that they may serve Me.” But despite numerous warnings, Pharaoh refused to heed G‑d’s command. G‑d then sent upon Egypt ten devastating plagues, afflicting them and destroying everything from their livestock to their crops.

More 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like it or not, Israel will prevail over her enemies, because God Himself will intervene when "all nations" rise up against her.

Anonymous said...

Why G-D
Are we to PC to say GOD

Anonymous said...

9:55
You may want to read the last half of the bible: New Testament

Steve said...

Yes, some are too PC to openly admit there is a real God, but I di really appreciate the explanation offered here by the Author. Educating others goes miles in creating harmony among differing religions. As a born and raised Catholic, a marriage introduced me to Judaism at a restaurant. No beef with milk. What??? Yes, tou either want the cow for what it gives in life, or for what it gives in death.

I thought that made all the sense in the world, and I respect that, and now practice that. It makes sense.

But, I'll keep my sausage, egg and cheese miguffen in the morning, sorry!

But I'll not eat a chicken salad sandwich with it.

All religions are interesting and have beliefs that enshrine them, but when it comes to killing non-believers, I get off the train there.

Those folks just need eradication.

But, hey, I'm a Gentile, but I still kill you.