Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Amy Schumer Opens Up to Jon Stewart About the Lafayette Shooting

“It broke my heart,” the “Trainwreck” actress tells the Comedy Central host

Amy Schumer kicked off Jon Stewart’s final week at the “Daily Show” talking about a tragic topic on Monday.

Just hours after the “Trainwreck” actress joined her cousin Sen. Chuck Schumer at a Manhattan press conference to address the issue of gun violence, she shared her remorse over last month’s Lafayette, Louisiana, shooting with the Comedy Central host.

“I can’t believe I am here, your last week — thank you!” Schumer gushed as she joined Stewart on the show.

“Let me tell you what happened, I’ve been banging it out 22 minutes a night, four days a week,” the outgoing host confessed. “I don’t think anyone can keep up that kind of pace.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a funny comic but now that I know she is related to that whack job Chuck Schumer, I will longer watch or support her endeavors.

Anonymous said...

Agreed 1:41. But overall why is she even being asked this question? Because she is an up an coming comic and she has liberal views. She is just another in a long line of puppets that no longer live in reality.

Anonymous said...

Her career will take a hit.

Anonymous said...

All actors will need to restructure their pay system because there will be less and less people going to cinemas to view the movies that they are making. I know that I want to see this movie....but not that badly to go to the cinema. I am not paranoid...just have a choice and I choose safety and comfort. Much more comfortable to watch from my own easy chair with my own popcorn. YES!!