Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 26, 2015

IRS: Your Chances of Getting Audited Lowest in a Decade

WASHINGTON — Budget cuts forced the IRS to reduce the number of tax audits last year to the lowest level in a decade, IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said Tuesday. And the number of audits could be even lower this year.

"The math is pretty simple," Koskinen said in a speech to the New York State Bar Association. "There are fewer audits because we have fewer auditors."

"Audits fell in virtually every individual category and across income levels," Koskinen said. "This continues a long-term trend that carries serious implications for our tax system and the nation."

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then I'm OK with claiming 2 dogs as dependants?

Anonymous said...

10:19 Better yet, claim the max dependants during the year, almost no taxes taken out. Then, at the end of the year, get a $10,000+ tax rebate check on your $20,000 salary. That doesn't include all of the entitlement programs you can eat up throughout the year. It's real, and being done locally. F-ing crooks.

Anonymous said...

Can I claim Illegals ?

Anonymous said...

10:40-No wonder there are budget cuts.The IRS has turned into an entitlement.

Anonymous said...

Now that I have renounced my American citizenship and re-entered the US as an illega... oh, wait, "undocumented" Alien, still living in my same house, I now am eligible for welfare, food stamps, utility payments, and free healthcare that the doctors "prefer"!

Best move I ever made... and I don't have to look for a job!

I work for cash under the table now. I make more now than when I was an American citizen!