Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

A Viewer Writes: "Fraud"

I received a second call from "My Credit Card Company" to let me know they were calling with my final opportunity to lower my interest rate. Knowing this was at least a solicitation and possibly a rip off I played along! Guy says do you have "your credit card handy" I replied yes and he said "What kind is it?" I replied Visa and proceeded to change the numbers around and leave some out being careful to give him enough fake info to string him along. I then asked "If you're calling from my credit card company wouldn't you know what card it was? What about the fact that the account number was fake why didn't your computer tell you that? I said this whole conversation is recorded and if you ever call me again I'll contact law enforcement! Of course he hung up at that point. Please let folks know this is going on and the numbers they call from are not working when you call back and based on his voice he was out of the country. Just a general heads up I won't bore everyone with more details.Thanks for what you do Merry Christmas & God Bless America! One more thing it showed up as 410-251-9132 a Salisbury cell number!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They would call just about every couple of weeks. I reported them two or three times to the Do Not Call Hotline but, as stated, they call from different numbers each time. When I was able to get a representative that did not hang up on me, I asked why are you calling me, haven't you checked my credit card and know that I pay off the balance every month and do not pay and have never paid any interest? It has been a couple of months since their last call.