Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

The Obamacare Shuffle

Playing politics with health care before the midterms

I received a letter from my health-care exchange last month informing me that I could keep my health plan. In all caps, the letter included the following sentence: “If you are satisfied with your current plan, you do not have to do anything.”

What a relief! This letter indicated that there was at least some competence associated with Obamacare, and I was happy that I wouldn’t have to spend more time searching for a new plan. Lots of other Americans probably received a similar letter and had similarly positive reactions.

I flipped to the last page, and it was a voter-registration application. Why did my exchange include a voter-registration form in the mailing about my health care? That seemed odd.

More

No comments: