Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Catering CEO Loses Job After Abusing Puppy

The CEO of a national catering company – which happens to hold a contract for food service at the Ocean City convention center – was fired Tuesday after a video surfaced last week of him abusing an animal.

Desmond Hague, head of Centerplate, was seen on video footage from a Vancouver elevator, dated July 27, violently puling and repeatedly kicking a puppy.

Centerplate holds roughly 300 food vending contracts with major sports and entertainment venues across the country, including the Ocean City convention center.

“As a dog lover myself, this is obviously disturbing,” said city Communications Manager Jessica Waters. “But the people at Centerplate that we work with here are amazing. I don’t know the character of their CEO, but I would hate to think that anything he has done would reflect badly on our crew at the convention center.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should have fired him.
I saw a man pick a puppy by it's lease while it was attached to the collar . This looks as if it were choking the puppy.
I told the man I would do the same to him if I saw it again.
People are amazingly stupid.
The man thanked me for pointing that out to him. He said he didn't think it was hurting the dog. I asked him if he thought it would hurt him , he said yes "bingo".

Anonymous said...

I would be in jail if I saw this man. What an a-hole!! Yes having a puppy can be difficult at times, but you don't beat an animal like that. I hope he goes to jail for a while. It would do him some good.

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the jackass! If he
treats a helpless animal like that
how do you think he treats his
fellow man!!!