Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Oh Deer!



Yesterday afternoon I was walking around the corner of our home in Ocean City and I stopped in my tracks, pulled out my cell phone and snapped a couple pictures. 

Now you might be concentrating on the cat but if you look in the background there's a beautiful deer that frequents the property on a daily basis. NOTHING spooks this deer. 

Several times I would sit on the front porch and the deer will walk right past me, even when I'm holding a conversation on the phone. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

get out the 30-06 and fire up the grill!!

Anonymous said...

Don't think this deer is going to do well during hunting season.

Anonymous said...

My guess is that the general area in which these photos were taken is off limits to hunting.Most forms of wildlife seem to know when they're safe.I've seen photo's of humans actually petting wild deer,but I always was suspicious that they were photoshopped.This post suggests the contrary.Maybe they do actually become that tame.

Anonymous said...

Use a bow and no one will know!

Anonymous said...

Animals learn gradually who is a threat and who isn't. We have bunnies for two years that live under a shed in the back yard. They walk all around and eat when we are out there, and watching.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I guarantee she's got a fawn close by. Maybe twins even. I see this behavior all the time at my house in Bishopville and then I'll see the fawn. One time Mother Deer put Baby in a flower bed right up against my house. She would then go and graze and lay down along the woods line. The fawns are very hard to see because they blend in with their surroundings and they will keep very still and won't move until you almost accidently step on them. They are very curious of humans and we've even been able to pet them before.

Anonymous said...

Ocean City really ????????????
Come on Joe stop the b.s.

Anonymous said...

Our home ? Word on the street is your split and you live by yourself there.

JoeAlbero said...

1:51, Believe what you want, I do NOT lie.

3:11, If that's what you want to believe, so be it. Not true, but you believe whatever you like.